Monday, January 13, 2020

18 years

Our 18th anniversary was on Sunday, December 29th.  EIGHTEEN YEARS.  Obviously we were children when we got married. 

Our tradition since 2013 has been to go to breakfast and dinner and to see three movies during the day.  We contemplated doing that again this year, but the truth is that I was just too tired from surgery, and recovery, and the holidays.  We also had Spencer at home with us and we didn't want to leave him alone for the whole day. 

We ended up getting breakfast burritos and Starbucks for brunch.  I think we ate around 11:45 am.  

This is pretty much my favorite breakfast anyway, so why not?

It was handy having a built in photographer. 

The vest is also from my trip to Ross on the 27th!


We went to a 1:00-ish showing of Jumanji: The Next Level. 

Then we came home and just chilled out a little.  I took a bunch of pictures of the Christmas decor because we knew we were taking it down the next day. 

Official 18th Anniversary Pictures

Without coat

With coat

I'm still undecided which one to put in our anniversary book.

Then it was time for dinner!  We had a 7:15 reservation, but we went a little early so we could have a drink in the bar for happy hour.

We went to Roaring Fork in Scottsdale, AZ.  They had the largest bottle of Tobin James I've ever seen.  And they didn't even have Tobin James on the menu!

I ordered a French martini, but they were out of pineapple juice so I got the most expensive cocktail on the menu.  And now I don't remember what it was. 

Michael took this picture to put on Facebook but I vetoed it because there was a container of Clorox wipes in the background.  You don't see it though, because I have now edited it out. 

This one was better. 

I got the caesar salad and I was impressed that it had whole anchovies.  It was delicious!

The red wine portion of the evening

We both got steak.  This was mine. 

And Michael's

And then dessert.  I think we ordered a three course meal deal type of thing. 

Michael had a pecan pie that was OK, but the ice cream served with it was some of the best I have ever tasted.  It was browned butter something. 

Creme brulee for me!  Caesar salad, steak, red wine, and creme brulee is basically my most favorite meal ever. 

The host took this picture of us before we left. 
We ended the night with another viewing of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker at The Roadhouse in Scottsdale. 

We've decided we're going to come home for a few days for our anniversary every year now!  It really was wonderful. 

No comments: