Sunday, January 12, 2020

Festivities continue

My mom's cousin John and his wife Patsy came over for a visit the morning of the 26th.  They have both been very supportive of me during all of my cancer treatments.  I ended up giving my mom the sweatshirt I ordered for Christmas and ordered a new one for myself.  She wore it that day. 


We had tickets to ride through Winterhaven that night.  I just wasn't up for walking at that point.  Riding on the wagon was really fun. 

My mom, dad, Uncle Terry, and Rosemary went with us too.  But, no pictures of them.  Here's a tiny selection of the photos I took. 





The next day, the 27th, my dad and I went out to breakfast together while my mom went out to breakfast with some of her friends.  After my dad and I ate, he went shopping with his brother at Total Wine and I went to Ross. Ross was next to the restaurant where we ate.  The plan was for my mom to pick me up on her way home.  My dad had said I could run into Ross and find what I wanted real quickly and he would have time to drop me off before he had to meet my uncle.  I said, "I don't think you understand what I want to do at Ross.  I'm going to walk every inch of that store and check out everything- clothes, shoes, accessories, lotion, home goods.  Everything."

I ended up buying this jacket and shirt.  We all (me, Michael, kids, and my parents) had lunch with Michael's aunt and uncle that afternoon because Michael's cousin, Parm, and her daughter, Grace, were visiting.

I wore my new finds to lunch. 

Family pics after lunch





The next day, the 28th, was the annual party that my dad and uncle throw every year (hence "annual").

Right before it started my mom realized that I swapped out Joseph and put Mr. Toad in his place.  I think it's a solid move and should be permanent. 
We were all dressed up and nobody was there yet, so we did a photo shoot, as one does.  Raquel had given my mom and I these glasses, so we put them to good use. 



Michael and my dad were twins. 



See, Jerry was there and he was fine!  A bit tired from his recent overnight hospital stay, but fine!




I had already had like three glasses of wine when my uncle poured this for me.  It's a Ter pour. 

This is my friend Amy.  Our dads went to high school together (and are still friends) so I've known her her whole life.  She turned 15 the day Michael and I got married and was at our wedding.  I like to remind her about how awesome I think that is whenever I see her around Christmas time. 

I went to Amy's wedding in Massachusetts  with my parents almost 4 years ago, and we took a picture like this at the wedding.  

Of course I did a comparison!

After the party Michael, Spencer and I drove home.  Elliott was not too happy about it.  I needed to see my surgeon on the 30th, and Michael had an appointment with his doctor on the 31st.  The 29th was our wedding anniversary so we had decided to drive home the night of the 28th, celebrate our anniversary, go to our appointments, take down Christmas decor, and then drive back to Tucson on the 31st.  Spencer was not going to come with us, but he got sick so we decided to bring him home so we could keep a closer eye on him.  

Up next: 18 years of marriage. 


No comments: