Thursday, January 3, 2019

Seventeen years

Our 17th wedding anniversary was on a Saturday.  Just like our wedding day. 

Pre-breakfast anniversary photo shoot.

It was a coooooooold morning. 

We were actually delayed because both of our cars were outside and both were covered in ice. 


It's not like we have a scraper we could use. 
We went to Baja Cafe for breakfast.  It's our third year in a row.  There was a long line for a table and I was not willing to sit outside, even with multiple heaters running, so we sat at the counter.  It was perfect. 

Mine

Michael's
As has become our tradition, it was a day of meals and movies. 

First up: Bumblebee at 10:30 am at Roadhouse. 
We left that theater and raced across town for a 1:00 pm showing of Aquaman at Marketplace.  We walked in a 12:59. 
Then it was home for a quick change of costumes. 

My mom had chairs pushed around the Christmas tree for my dad's party the next day so we decided on a different pose for our official picture.  

Spencer took this! 

A more "typical" anniversary pose. 
I had to find the wedding album I made for my parents 17 years ago so I could take a picture of this picture.  
Then it was off to church!  Same church we got married in. 

We waited until after mass to go up on the altar to take pictures.  Everything has been changed, painted, upgraded since our wedding day.  


Comparisons from 12/29/01 to 12/29/18.  



The church did not have this nativity when we got married.  I think it's beautiful.  
After church we went straight to the Arizona Inn for our fancy dinner. 

They had a lovely tree in the library.  

The wreath above the fireplace was pretty great too.  
We had cocktails in the bar first.  A winter margarita for me and an Arizona Inn old fashioned for Michael.  
They brought us bread to snack on, but no knife for the butter so we were classy and just dipped and smeared.  

We had a jar of bar snacks too, but we were not so fond of the wasabi peas.  
My view during dinner.   The couple that you see right next to our table were celebrating their 11th anniversary that day.  There was also a wedding reception across the outdoor courtyard. 

Michael's view during dinner.  

We decided to do the Tasting Menu with wine pairings.  

This was a "bonus" soup, not on the menu.  It was about two spoons full. 

First course.  The soup tasted like grass.  Not my favorite.  

Main course. All delicious.  

Dessert 

What I ate vs what Michael ate.  
Then for the biggest mistake of the day.  After another costume change we headed to a 10:40 pm showing of Mortal Engines.  

Can't we just go to sleep? 
We did bring a blanket with us so we could be cuddly.  We checked on each other halfway through the movie.  Both awake! 

It was another fantastic anniversary! 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I have been working on getting caught up on your blog, and I always love how you guys celebrate your anniversary! Great pictures, great comparisons, yummy food, and lots and lots of movies. I think I would have fallen asleep through the second one though. Haha! I can't even make it through a movie at home these days. Sigh. Happy Anniversary to a very fun couple!