Thursday, January 10, 2019

Home, and then gone again

We were finally leaving Tucson and going home on Wednesday, January 2nd. Before we left, though, I made the 2019 eggnog.  It will actually be able to age for twelve whole months this year.  I can't wait!

Egg yolks and sugar

With the booze added!
Done!  I must have had extra large egg yolks this year because it didn't all fit in this jar.  I have an overflow jar. 
There was a big storm that hit southern Arizona on the 1st and 2nd and Facebook was completely jam-packed with desert snow pictures.  I took none of these, but I wanted to share them because they are so gorgeous. 









OK. That's the end of the FB snow pictures.  

I DID take the rest of these pictures.

We drove home on the 2nd and spent one night there.  We had plans to go out with friends that night, but they canceled due to illness.  I'll be honest, it was nice to just stay home. 

On the 3rd, less than 24 hours later, we drove up to Flagstaff to meet my family.

Northern AZ snow

The rental house where we all stayed. 





You never thought you'd see this much snow in a post entirely in AZ did you?


This was a three level house and we let the kids chill out on the bottom floor while the adults made dinner. 


I really liked the plates they had. 
My brothers had gone skiing that day and Nick returned with basically a perm.  His hair gets really curly when he sweats. 
After some adventures in cooking (the gas grill ran out of gas just as we put the steaks on), we finally got dinner on the table. 




Then it was play time, mostly on the stairs, until it was bedtime. 


My dad thought he was George Costanza with his timberlands. 

Up next: a snowy trip to Bearizona. 

No comments: