Monday, January 7, 2019

Day one of party, party, party

My dad and uncle used to throw these epic New Years Eve parties when they were in college and their 20's.  Once they got married and started having kids the parties stopped.  Then they decided to restart the parties in the past, I don't know, twenty years or so.  Each year as they all get older and older, the parties start earlier and earlier.  This year it started at 3:00 pm. And it wasn't New Years Eve.  It was the Eve of New Years Eve.  The 30th. 

It was COLD.  This will be the theme of the next eight or so posts.  COLD. 

Look at all the coats. 
Here is a small sample of my parents with their guests.  I took pictures of them with every guest, but nobody needs to see all of those! 



This was pecan pie liquor.  It was good. I was being elegant with my pinkie out. 

So was Raquel.  
Doug and I went to high school together.  His mom and my dad and uncle knew each other way back when.  
After all the guests left, which occurred by 8:000 pm which is two hours before when the parties used to start.  






Uncle Nick made special drinks for the kids. Elliott said his tasted wrinkly.  


Parties two and three up next. 

No comments: