Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Harry Potter Party

I have mentioned before that Spencer and I decided to do a Harry Potter theme for his 11th birthday when we were out buying the supplies for his 10th birthday party.  I have had just about everything I needed for this party since August 2017.

I did buy this luggage tag to put on the front door recently.  

Posters that I laminated that I will now take to work.





My favorite part of the whole party: the mug centerpieces I created.  





The owl is not actually a Hedwig owl, but close enough. 




Every party needs fresh flowers, even when it's just a few 5th grade boys. 

I bought a Halloween tree in the Dollar Spot at Target.  Once I added a toy car, I think it made for a perfect Whomping Willow. 

The all important cake!


A side by side of my cake vs the movie cake. I think mine was pretty spot on. 

We had Cole's mom take the family picture after 1.8 million failed attempts with the timer. 

The kids arrived at 5:00, played, and then we had pizza at 6:00.  We had one last minute cancellation, but Spencer was still happy with his three best buddies. 

They went in the pool around 7:30. 

Then it was presents, 




and cake. 





After dessert, Elliott went to bed, Michael and I watched TV in our room and the boys had the family room to themselves.  We went to bed around midnight and we never had to go out to the family room to tell them to be quiet or to go to sleep, so we were impressed by that. 

Then there were donuts for breakfast on Sunday and everyone went home and we were glad to have survived another successful party. 

No comments: