Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Catch up and the plan

I wrote down a blogging plan for myself and if I can stick to it and not sink into a dark hole of despair, I'll catch up to the timeline by next Thursday.

Back on August 16th we went out for dinner after piano lessons and took Elliott's 6 year 8 month picture at the restaurant. 

Official
I was looking for something for Elliott's space room on the 17th.  I went to TJ Maxx, where I never, ever go, and found an entire huge display of Halloween themed dog beds.  It was there that I broke down crying and had to leave the store.  After taking pictures while crying.
It was also this episode that led my friend Megan and I to decide that we're going to write a book called "Places I cried after my dog died". 
The Texas Ranger bushes in our backyard finally bloomed on the 19th.  I have to do a photo shoot every year. 


That afternoon I painted Elliott's room.  I changed the brown wall to dark blue and touched up the light blue walls.


We got the kid's school pictures back on the 20th. 


The wall is filling out nicely.


I did another photo shoot with the Texas Rangers on the 21st. 








I moved Elliott's bed when I painted his room and when I did that I found a bag with a box and a receipt in it.  I asked Elliott what it was and he said it was my lost Mother's Day present from 2017.  Apparently both Elliott and Michael did some bargain shopping and then promptly forgot. 

I took some pictures of all of it on the 22nd.



I wore the purple ones to work. 

Elliott built this maze with blocks that evening. 


And finally, we had a huge rain storm the evening of the 23rd.  I opened the door to watch it and take pictures and actually had to close the door because I was getting soaked. 

OK.  We've made it to the 24th.  That is progress. 

No comments: