Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Concert and Elliott's room

I was volunteering at the kid's school the morning of Friday, August 24th when my friend Jeremy called and asked if I had plans for the night.  I was tired and sad so I wanted to know what he was inviting me to before I committed. 

The answer: The Cyndi Lauper and Rod Stewart concert. 

YES PLEASE!

Jeremy and his mom picked me up at home and shuttled me to the show.  Selfie in the back seat.

Balloons set up for the end of the show drop. 

Jeremy and I were in the nosebleeds.  His mom and her friend were down on the floor. 
I tried to upload videos, but each one was too long and if I try to mess around with editing them I will never get this post done and will fall ridiculously behind again. 

A couple of pictures will have to do. 


The show was spectacular and it was the first time in three weeks that I felt anything but numb or grief stricken.  

After the concert we all went out to dinner (at 11:30 pm) and I didn't get dropped off at home until 2:00 am.

That made it particularly rough to get up and get to a Saturday morning at 10:15 am movie with my sisterhood, but I persevered and did it.  We saw Crazy Rich Asians, and then went to lunch. 
After lunch I stopped at Joanne's Fabric to buy fake flowers.  I used them to make these awesome centerpieces for Spencer's upcoming birthday party.  One mug for each Hogwarts house, with the house colors depicted in the flowers. 

Scarlet and Gold for Gryffindor

Yellow and Black for Hufflepuf

Blue and Bronze for Ravenclaw

Green and Silver for Slytherin

That afternoon (still August 25th) I made two plum cakes.  One was low carb, one was high carb. 

Spencer fell asleep doing the nebulizer on Monday the 27th.  This will be a post entirely on its own soon. 
And finally, Elliott's new outer space room was ready to be revealed. 

The space wall in the dark. 

With the lights on. 
I insisted on putting the puffy white clouds around the balloon lights, so we could have a sky/space theme. 

He got new bedding and a new bed tent. 



I was sad to see the dinosaurs go, but I will admit that the space room does look really cool. 



I got these on Amazon, and I think they totally rock. 

Elliott built this tower that night.  First it was higher than him. 

Then it was higher than me. 

No comments: