Tuesday, July 31, 2018

1st and 5th grades

Monday, July 23rd. Elliott started 1st grade and Spencer started 5th grade.

These kids are really going to have to stop this growing up stuff.  It's all happening so fast.

We took Elliott's first day of school pictures first.  I bought the shirt for him months ago.



He picked this backpack and was so excited about it. 









Spencer was up next.














Then pictures with parents before we left for school. 


Michael and I took the kids to school, took pictures by their classes, and then LEFT THEM THERE. 

Then we went to breakfast where no less than 8,500 moms were dining with their mom groups to celebrate the first day of school.  Ugh. Mom groups. 
We came home and watched a movie and then I completed my room project on the first day of school.  

Look.  No clothes!

No clothes!

No clothes!
I even finished with enough time to take down all of the 4th of July decor (although it took me a week to actually pack it all up and put it in the garage). 

One last picture of the countdown before I erased it.  
That afternoon, after school, I took Elliott in for allergy shots and then we went to Michael's Arts and Crafts.  Look at how the mugs were arranged!  I swear I did not move them.  Spencer, Michael, Natalie and Elliott.  I should have bought them.  But I didn't. 
And finally, it's become a tradition to go out to dinner on the first day of school.  This year we went to Zinburger. 


And with that, the school year is a go. 

No comments: