Sunday, July 22, 2018

Staycation

I feel like I've been blogging about our trip for the last 3 years.  Probably because I keep taking blogging vacations. We're going to power through the last two days and just be done with it. 

On Sunday the 8th we all slept in. I think it was after 10 am before any of us woke up.  Thank you black out curtains.  Then we went out for brunch.  I got this totally delightful breakfast pizza.  

Pictures of the hotel.  See what a nightmare the parking is? 


We spent the rest of the day at one of the hotel's pools.  I think there are 12 total, but this is the main one. 

Spencer and Elliott did this water slide about 700 times each.  I went twice which was two times too many for me. 





We got some delightful poolside drinks. 



And then Michael and I got two more. I think this is the best pina colada I've ever had.  There was an extra float of rum on top. 


We found a random bar and grill that ended up being much more bar than grill for dinner. 

The plan was to go back in the pool after dinner, but this monsoon/lightening storm had other plans for us. 




After another solid night of sleep we checked out of the rooms on Monday the 9th.  We casually mentioned that we had killed a scorpion, two crickets, a cockroach, and two spiders, so they gave us vouchers to the breakfast buffet.  Thanks, Hilton. 

It was a nice restaurant and we were pretty much the only people there. 





After our free brunch we headed home to discover that the storm the night before had knocked over the tree by our pool. 

Poor tree
We unpacked and started laundry and then Cathy and I drove to Tucson to retrieve Ginger from her staycation at my parent's house. 

We spent some time at my parent's house and then I took Cathy to see Nick's house. 

Nick and Raquel had a little happy hour for us. 






Then we all went out to dinner before driving home. 


And finally, the trip/staycation ends! 

No comments: