Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Pinetop- Friday

In May of 2017 the Sisterhood talked about taking a weekend trip to Pinetop in July 2017.  We decided not to do it that summer though, because not everyone could make it.  We wanted to postpone it so that Amy could fly in from Indiana, Cynthia could come from California and we could all enjoy the weekend together.  We picked the second weekend in July 2018 for our first weekend trip together.

Unfortunately Joni had to cancel at the last minute, but the rest of the sisterhood enjoyed a weekend of camaraderie, laughs, and fun. 

I spent the night at Maryellen's the night before we left because her house was the rendezvous point.  We left  Mesa to drive to Pinetop at 8 am on Friday the 13th.  Amy, Brenda and I were in one car, Lauren, Shireen, Maryellen and Cynthia were in another.

We went grocery shopping when we got there and then settled into our home for the weekend. 

It was in the low 70's that afternoon so we enjoyed sitting on the back porch chatting and catching up.  And, of course, I had to take a picture of my nails. 

Lauren and I needed a little pick-me-up.  This cup of iced coffee ended up being a huge mistake because it took me like two hours to fall asleep that night. 



I took a walk around the house to take some pictures of where we were staying. 









After a HILARIOUS call to the restaurant to see if we could make a reservation, we all packed in to Brenda's car to head to dinner. 
We went to a Thai place.

Cynthia and Amy are posing as the painting behind them.  

So are Shireen and Lauren. 



Sorry for the picture of a dirty plate.  I own these exact dishes and I thought that was remarkable. I just didn't remember to take a picture until they were already used. 

Storm rolling in. 
It started pouring on our way back home.  Lightening and thunder were blasting us from every which way. 
That night we all enjoyed a chilly chat on the patio followed by a heart stopping game of Cards Against Humanity. 

No comments: