Saturday, July 28, 2018

The last week of summer vacation

Elliott lost one of his top front teeth on the Saturday that I was in Pinetop. The other top front tooth came out on Monday the 16th. 

He was delighted to take his toothless monthly picture. 

6 years 7 months

He's also been waiting for years to make this video. 

Ginger took a comfy nap that afternoon.  She used to always nap on her beds.  These days I'd say it's 80% sleeping on the floor and 20% on a bed. 
The kids and I did back to school clothes shopping on Tuesday the 17th.  I took them out to lunch when we were done. 

Cathy gave me this koozy when she was here.  I used it for the first time that afternoon. 


The kids went to day camp and Michael and I went on a day date on Wednesday the 18th. 
First we went to brunch.  We shared this flight of mimosas.  I was pretty tipsy when it was all said and done. 






I took Elliott to swim lessons that afternoon.  This is my new $5 dress from the day before. 

Ginger actually sleeping on her bed on Thursday the 19th. 
I popped into the mall that afternoon.  I got a dress for a birthday dinner I was attending on Saturday.  I got it from some store for teenagers that I've never even heard of. 

That night was meet the teacher.  Elliott got exactly who he wanted. 

I looked for Art Masterpiece volunteers since I am now the official coordinator. 

Spencer has five teachers this year, so we only took one picture with his homeroom teacher. 

A lovely sunset that evening. 

Oh, and Elliott lost his fourth tooth in seven days during Spencer's meet the teacher presentation.  Look at this snaggly mouth. 
On Friday the 20th I was making macaroni and cheese when the spoon I was using to stir it snapped in half.  I had to use some tongs to head in there on a recon mission. 

And finally, a selfie with this toothless boy that night. 

And that was the totally non-magnificent last week of school. 

No comments: