Sunday, July 29, 2018

Party party

Saturday the 21st was the end of the year swim team party for Spencer.  It started at 6:30 pm.  We were also invited to a birthday dinner for my friend Jeremy and his mom.  It started at 6:30 pm. Since we cannot split ourselves in half and we didn't like the idea of a sitter taking the kids to the swim party, we decided that Michael would take the kids to the swim party and I would go to the birthday party.

That morning I baked cookies for the birthday boy (I gave him a cookie jar full of cookies as a gift.).

Peanut butter chocolate chip
And prepared the dessert for the swim team party. 

Oyster and pearl cookies

Jeremy is a friend from Boys State.  I met him, his mom, and Levi (another Boys State staff member) at Levi's apartment and drove to downtown Phoenix with them.

Levi is 22 years old.  I can't figure out if he looks like my son or my much younger little brother here.  


Jeremy photo bombing. 
We had dinner at Compass Grill, which is a rotating restaurant at the top of the Hyatt in downtown Phoenix. 

This was the whole crew, later in the night.  I'm over in the far right corner, barely visible. 


We got there when it was still quite bright and sunny. 


So we got to slowly watch the sun set. 


I got a trip of creme brulee for dessert.  The little balls on the one tasted exactly like cocoa puffs. 

Jeremy and his mom, both celebrating birthdays. 



Shenanigans in the lobby before taking the elevators down. 
And then some of us went out for a drink at Seamus McAffreys after dinner.  These were the Boys State people that went out after.  There were two more at dinner that went home after dinner. 

No comments: