Saturday, September 29, 2012

Widgets, comparisons and clothes

I did my annual creating of the widget countdowns last night.  There are different ones than what I normally do year to year.  There will be no Mitchell Halloween Party this year.  Boo hoo.  We've been going since 2006 and it will be missed (the party and the countdown).  But there is the House Closing countdown.  Pretty excited about that.  And brand new for this year is the countdown to Elliott's birthday party.  His actual birthday is the next day, so just add 1 to that countdown to countdown to the big #1.
 
I can't believe that today is the second to last day of September.  January to May seriously took like 18 months to complete.  June to September went by in the blink of an eye.  I guess that is the difference between a newborn and an older baby and also a sick baby versus a healthy baby.
 
At this time last year I was about 23 or 24 weeks pregnant.  Elliott would have been just barely viable in the outside world. 
 
This year he's sitting on my bed sucking on apple slices while I get ready.




 
And his big brother is all up in his face.
 
At this time last year Spencer got his school picture taken.  He was a handsome little barely 4 year old.
 
This year he is some strange big kid that I don't even recognize.
 
Seriously.  Who gave him permission to be 14 years old?
 
At this time last year Ginger was a ridiculous dog spending 99.2% of her day sleeping on the furniture.
 
This year, well, nothing has changed.
 
I used my gymbucks at Gymboree today.  I bought this onesie for Elliott.
 
And these pants. 
 
Spencer has been wearing the same Halloween shirt for the last 3 years.
 
 2 years old
 
3 years old 
 
4 years old 
 
 
It's still in his closet and it most likely still fits.  I think it's time we get something new for him too.  I'd like them to wear their Halloween clothes to a pumpkin patch and we'll take some adorable photos.  I envision a cool crisp breeze and spiced cider.  In reality it will be 94 degrees and we'll take cold showers after to cool off.  Happens every year.
 
I also bought each of them a dinosaur sweatshirt.  Spencer and I are still way into T-rexes.  We'll tolerate the pterodactyl and triceratops (not a stegosaurus- thanks for catching that Sherry!) .  
 
Happy Weekend and almost October everybody!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Ha ha ha, Ginger. Oh, Ginger. I LOVE Elliott's new Halloween outfit. Would it be bad if I got Oliver a matching one?

Sherry said...

Oh man! I love your new halloween bloggy background and header and the cute halloween outfit. Evan and Spencer are so much alike...Evan has a halloween shirt he has worn for the last few years too, and I'm sure he could still wear it. Ha! I love that dinosaur hoodie...Evan has always been a big fan (we did the dino party for this 3rd birthday). T-rex was his favorite initially, but in the last year, he has started loving stegosaurus more. I think he watched some show that showed that stegosauruses were actually pretty tough with their big bony plates and spiked tail. Hmmm, I'm thinking I need to dress my blog for halloween now. Hehe! Have you thought about what the boys will be this year? Are you going to coordinate their outfits? I am still trying to decide. Since Evan sometimes calls Brody "Sparky," I thought about a fireman for Evan and a dalmation fire dog for Brody. :-)

Sherry said...

Oops, I caught a goof mom! Hehe! I'm just kidding of course and being silly, but that is actually a triceratops on the hoodie instead of a stegosaurus. We like Triceratops too because in one of our favorite books ("Trouble at the Dinosaur Cafe" if you want to look it up), Terry Triceratops saves the day and beats up that big bully T-Rex and makes him run away crying with his swift 3-pronged attack. Hehe! I thought you would like that little book review.

Jeannette said...

I really do love seeing Spencer wear the same stuff from year to year. I find it so inspiring. ;) I am currently (optimistically) starting to put away Ellie's summer stuff and am pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of it again next year.