Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sleepers

Last week Michael and I woke up at 5:00 am and discovered that Spencer had snuck into our bed at some point during the night.  He used to call to us during the night when he needed us, so I would always know when he was coming into our bed.  Now he just gets up, walks from his room to ours, climbs in and I know he's there when I roll over and get poked in the eye.
 
Elliott started fussing at 5:00 so I nursed him while Michael and Spencer cuddled in bed.  Then I put Elliott back into the co-sleeper and went back to bed.  At 6:00ish Elliott started fussing again. By now Spencer was cuddling with me, so Michael picked Elliott up and sat down in the recliner to rock with him.  His fussing got louder.  The only thing worse than the prospect of Elliott getting up at 6 is the prospect of Spencer also getting up at 6.  I knew I needed to get him out of there before Elliott woke him up, so, I scooped him up and off we went to his room.  Thank goodness we got a full bed for him, because I slept there with him for another hour.  Then I had to get up and get ready for work.  At 8:00 I went back into our room.
 
I (quietly) laughed out loud.
 
This is what I saw:
Think those two are related?
 
This was also the first time Elliott has been asleep without a swaddle since he was a newborn.  Michael said he unwrapped him because he wasn't going back to sleep.  Then he put him down so he could do something and Elliott fell back asleep.  So Michael crawled back into bed and fell asleep.
 
We made an offer on the house yesterday.  I really, really, really, really, really want to live here for the rest of my life (minus the flowers).
 

 

Our realtor thinks we will hear something on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Alright...Pool time! I'm coming to visit! Hehe!

k and j said...

Are you kidding!? That house is amazing!!

Megan said...

Good luck on the house!