Monday, September 24, 2012

Second Chance

It's a good thing we give second chances in our family.  Elliott's second photo shoot was much more successful than his first.
 
Before we get to that though, I'd like to show you Spencer's 9 month photo shoot.
 
When Spencer was 9 months old, in June 2008, it never occured to me that I should order a CD of the images from his photo shoot or to use the snipping tool to copy them.  I didn't blog yet and at that point in time I was never, ever, ever going to have another baby.  So now, 4+ years later I have a blog and a baby and no good way to do comparisons.
 
I can't even scan them because, like a fool, I used glue to adhere them to the paper in his scrapbook.  The only thing I could think to do was to take a picture of the scrapbook pages.  Sorry about the blinding light.  That is the reflection of the flash.

 
We had Elliott wear the same overalls and we used the same accesories for the tub photos.

 
The backgrounds are different, but Michael's arms don't appear to have aged at all! 




 
Devilish!







 
Elliott is saying, wha-huh?



 
The flash didn't go off on this one because of a computer glitch. Too bad.





 
I like how immediately after the perfection that is this photo:
 
We got the sneer that is this photo:
 
Here's a terrible side by side comparison using pictures of Spencer from his scrap book again. 
 
If only I could invent time travel so I could go back to 2008 and get a CD with the images.
 
Side note:  I think they actually do look a lot alike.  It's hard to see, though, because Elliott has so much more hair.  You cover the hair and that little face definitely says brother.
And if I'm going back in time anyway I will certainly give myself some stock tips and lottery numbers.
 
We're putting an offer in on a house today.  Could you maybe cross your fingers a little?  We're going to have lots of competition.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh that Elliott...he just has the cutest faces! From his big beautiful smiles tongue showing and all to his adorable little snarls. Oh my...the girls are gonna go wild. I wish I could get you that time machine so you could get the CD too, but I got the point of the comparisons. Even though I know Brody and Evan look so different, they do look alike in a lot of their pictures too. Like the 12 month shot of them wearing the same outfit when their hair actually looked the same color because of the lighting. I think the snarl pictures are my favorite! Hehe!

Megan said...

They are both so cute. Brothers no doubt but they each have their own look which is so great!

Jeannette said...

Looooove the pics! Glad he cooperated the 2nd time around!

Can't wait to hear about the house!

Cat said...

Love the pics as always. And look, now I'm less than a month behind again hee hee. Thankfully Thanksgiving break and Christmas break aren't REALLY that far away so maybe I'll get caught up again only to fall behind again in January. I should at least get an A for effort. :-) Even if it's a delayed effort...