Thursday, September 13, 2012

5 Year Glamour Shots

It is not even possible that it has been 4 years since we had Spencer's 1 year pictures taken.  I can remember buying that little overall outfit like it was yesterday.  I thought he looked so big and so old.  This was a few days after he turned 1.  He had 2 teeth on the bottom.  You can't even see them.
We put him in this wagon to contain him because he kept trying to crawl away.  He started walking about 2 days later. 
I still have a copy of this picture in a frame in my office.  Every single time I look at it (which is twice a week when I'm at work) I think, "what the hell is with that stupid fake rock?  How did we let them talk us into using that as a prop?"
It's also unbelievable that his 2 year pictures were a whole 3 years ago.  He was so cute.  I just loved those little bear overalls. 
Oh, and here is that flippin' rock again.  How did the photographer sneak it in there?  A rock in the clouds?  Really?
I just barely took this shirt out of his closet.  And I'm petty sure the shorts are still in the drawer.  He wore them last month.
 
Seriously.  I can remember sitting in the mall bribing Spencer with candy if he did a good job for his 3 year photo shoot.  We were in Tucson.  It was about 15 minutes ago. 
 
This is one of my all time favorite pictures.  My brother gave him that truck when he turned 1.
Oh, and looky here.  Different studio in a different city.  Same. DAMN. Rock.  At least it looks somewhat natural with the foresty background and leaves.
Last year, which was actually about 12 seconds ago, we switched to a different studio.  Much, much cheaper.  And no rock. 

 So, without further adieu, I give you,
 
5 YEARS 














 
I couldn't resist:
 
 

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww, what an incredibly handsome little man you have! I love them all...even though the rock was a little much. Ha! Your running commentary was hilarious as usual. And what kind of shoes was he wearing in the 3 year old picture? Um, seriously, are they not the same exact shoes I just bought Brody? Kid, we are too much! And we are both so OCD and determined to get something free that we stayed up until after midnight to make our free photo books. Do you think there is an intervention for crazy people like us? Hehe!

Sherry said...

And I think I figured something else out from these pictures too. Spencer is your look-a-like, isn't he? Do you think Elliott looks more like Michael? I think so. With his darker hair, I really hadn't come to this full conclusion until now, but with his obviously more grown up face, I can really see it! :-)

k and j said...

oh my i love the progression of these pics!! ahh. he is one handsome boy!

Jeannette said...

In your defense, you were still sleep deprived when the 1 year and 2 year glamour shots were taken, so it's no surprise you didn't notice the rock at the time.

I have to say, I just love how Spencer turns it "on" for the camera. Is this a result of having a crazy, camera toting, blogging mom? If so, I can't wait to see Ellie's 5 year photo shoot! :)

Valerie said...

Spencer really is such a handsome young man. I love the photo of him holding up the 5 and making a 5 with his hand as well. These really are great. And of course I just love his beagle sweater!!!

Cat said...

Aww love the pics