Monday, September 17, 2012

Portrait Fail

For the first time ever we took a kid to the portrait studio and left without ordering anything.  I counted and Spencer has had studio portraits done 14 times.  That counts family stuff, holiday stuff and the ones we did with my grandma.  Elliott has been twice.  He failed us on his third try.  Thanks a lot, baby.
 
A lot of these pictures are cute.  Cute, but not great.  He's not really smiling in any of them and if I'm going to pay for an 8 x 10 to hang on the wall, I want his mega-watt smile.
 
I think there were a variety of problems happening.  #1.  He has never worn anything denim.  All of his clothes are very soft and stretchy.  The overalls freaked him out.  #2. The photographer was new and really over the top, trying to prove she could do a good job.  I think it was too much for him.  #3.  He fell asleep in the car on the way home.  The last time he fell asleep in the car on a short car ride was in June.  It usually takes about an hour of driving for him to nod off.  He was obviously over-tired.
 
I realize that it is ridiculous to share all of these since we didn't order any of them.  Just scroll quickly and it won't take up much of your day.  They are pretty funny.  I might throw in a comment here and there.  We'll see.

 
Did he see a ghost?

 
This one is actually pretty cute.


 
What is this look?  Blue steel?
 
Ha!







 
Oh lordy




 
Is his body paralyzed on the right?



 
Seriously, Elliott?  Seriously?
 
Really?

 
OK.  I admit I should have ordered this one.  He's gosh darn adorable.

 
We're trying again on Saturday.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Mom, you put too much pressure on a kid! Hehe! He is adorable in every single picture with every single expression. He does seem to be about to take off and start crawling in the ones where he is sitting on the floor. Did he get himself onto his tummy? I just all of his little faces...just give me a spoon and I'll eat him up! ;-)

k and j said...

I think they are great!!! They show who he really is :) he is thee cutest baby I have seen in a long time. He really is darling!!!

Jeannette said...

You were close. It was "magnum", not "blue steel".

Still so cute, but you're right, for the price they ask for prints, I probably wouldn't have ordered any either.

Valerie said...

Okay these really did almost make me wet myself. Freaking hilarious. I'm sorry but I would have bought almost all of them. I almost died (no pun intended) over the ghost one.