Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blocks and after the party

I know, I know! I show you these pictures every year.  Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, is what you are probably saying.  But what is the point of taking them if I don't force people to look at them? 
 
Birth
 
6 months
 
1 Year
 
18 Months
 
2 Years
 
3 Years
 
4 Years
 
5 Years
 
A HUGE thank you to my Massachussets Megan for photoshopping the hell out of the 5 year picture.  How awesome do those blocks look?
 
Several of you (I'm pointing fingers at you, Jeannette and Sherry) commented that I was rather slow on my posting about the party.
 
An explanation:
 
I slept for 5 (non-continuous) hours on Thursday night because of party prep and Elliott.  I slept for 4 (non-continuous) hours on Friday night.  Same reasons.  Then we had the party and all the clean-up after, and that was exhausting.  When I woke up on Sunday my body was physically sore.  I felt like I had hiked a mountain.  We spent the day recovering.  Monday was just Monday and I wasn't in the mood for blogging.  Oh, I know, I had a pounding headache (which is not common for me) and I went to bed early only to have my youngest have the worst night of his entire life.  At 4 am I considered putting him up for adoption, divorcing Michael and going to live in a hut in the woods. I realized, though, that woodland huts probably don't have indoor plumbing or electricity and I like those things, so I stuck it out.  We all made up the next day.
 
So, I've been tired.  We've also been doing final stuff for our morgage approval (we're approved!) and looking at lots of houses.  Those are my reasons.  I hope you understand and forgive.
 
Saturday night after the party was strangely cool.  We decided to try out the sit-n-stand for a family walk.
 
Things looked good at the beginning. 
 
Kids and babies were happy. 
 
But the second we walked outside Elliott started crying and he didn't stop until we got back home.  It was dark outside and he doesn't seem to do well in the dark.  He cries the whole time in his car seat whenever we drive when it's dark. 
 
We all slept really good on Saturday night.  Spencer got up around 8:30 am, came in our room and promptly fell back into a deep sleep.  
All day on Sunday he kept saying that his party really wore him out. Elliott took a 3 hour nap that day. That's never happened before. Ever. He was apparently resting up for his night of no sleep on Monday night.
 
Sunday afternoon Spencer and I went to get his 5 year pictures taken.  It's the first time Michael hasn't been there with us, because it's the first time we haven't had to tag-team Spencer to get good smiles.  I just bribed him with treats and toys.
 
Here's a sneak peak
 
 

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

Bahaha, no need to lay the guilt trip on. I just assumed you were purposefully building anticipation for the party post (and it worked, btw!).

So excited that you're approved for a mortgage! Whatever happened to the dream house you posted about before with the purple(?) kitchen (am I making that detail up?)?

Love the 5 year pic sneak peek. I'm ready to join you for that pumpkin latte under an auburn maple tree now! :)

Megan said...

I had a feeling that I was having legit psychosis about the blocks....every year they are horizontal except this year! How could you let that happen?? Do I need to do another photoshop? I always see people with those sit-n-stands & they seem like a great idea. Are they? Congrats on the mortgage! Woo hoo!!

Sherry said...

I did not say you were slow...I just said I was impatient! Haha! I actually commend you for being pretty quick about it. I totally know all the work you put into the party and how tired you are afterwards. I am so so so excited for you guys about the house business. Please share the journey with us, including pics of any contenders. I want to live vicariously through you on your house hunt. :-)

Sherry said...

Megan, sit and stands totally rock! We took ours to Disney World and loved it. It worked as a double stroller when our youngest was an infant, and we could still attach his car seat to it. Then, when he was about a year old, he moved to the front seat, and our 5 year old can hop on and off the back as he sees fit. It was great to keep his whining to a minimum from being too tired of walking all around Disney. :-)

Cat said...

Oh dear, why did the pic need photo-shopping?