Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chocoholic and More Jammies

We went out to dinner on Sunday night.  I had french onion soup.  Spencer had a taste of it and declared it the most delicious soup he has ever had in his whole life.  He has been pestering me since then to make french onion soup for dinner.  With it being 110 degrees and all I was in no mood to slice and caramelize a bunch of onions, so yesterday I took him to Fresh & Easy to buy some prepared soup.  They didn't have any.  Boo.
 
They did, however, have this 217 pound chocolate bar.  Right by the cash registers.  For $1.99.  How could we say no?

 
I mentioned to him before dinner that we could unwrap it after dinner and eat some.  After dinner I was busy with dishes and Michael was doing something with Elliott.  Spencer took it upon himself to get some scissors out, hacked through the wrapper and then started chowing down.  He got a good chunk of the corner into his tummy before I noticed.  Then I made him pose for a picture before I confiscated it.
 
I rewarded his overeaters anonymous behavior by cutting him a smaller amount and giving it to him on a plate.
 
Elliott wore new jammies #2 last night.
 
 
He is also, apparently, practicing his male cheerleader routine. 

 
 
P.S. 1 week countdown to my 33rd birthday.  Eek!  Didn't I just barely turn, like, 16?

6 comments:

Valerie said...

That might be the biggest bar of chocolate I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure Josh would die and go to heaven if I were to bring him home a bar like that.

I quite like Elliott's cheerleader moves. Give me an E......!!!!!

k and j said...

hilarious! didn't realize we were so close in age!! cool :) i turn 32 soon!

Jeannette said...

I would discourage cheerleading too if I were you. Haven't you seen football games where the players end up running into them because they can't control their bodies after all of the head injuries? Just sayin' you might want to nip that dream in the bud as well. Sorry, Elliott. There's always interpretive dance.

Megan said...

I can totally see Elliott as an interpretive dancer. I've been saying since he was born that he'll be artsy...

Sherry said...

Awww, I love those jammies (and that last face Elliott was making), and Elliott needs to send me some of that chocolate. Yum yum! Well, we are twins that just happen to be a year apart...you have me by one year! Wish we could celebrate together...we'll have to have a blog birthday party! Hehe!

Sherry said...

I meant, Spencer, send me some chocolate. After today, I need it. Finally on the way to the beach to wash all my cares away in the ocean. :-)