Monday, August 20, 2012

2.6 million pictures

You think I'm kidding about the 2.6 million pictures don't you?  I'm not.  We went to the splash pad twice this past weekend- Saturday morning and Sunday morning.  Our killer heat wave finally broke and it was cool enough in the morning (it was still in the low-90's at 9:00 am) to venture out for about an hour.

Before Elliott was born we used to take Spencer to the splash pad all the time.  Like 2-3 times a week.  There are several parks with splash pads within a 5-10 minute drive from our home, they are free and he always has a blast.  We weren't quite ready to go with Elliott in June and July, but now at 8 months old Elliott can go and have just as much fun.  The splash pads don't shut down until the end of October (SO sad when it's still 100 degrees the week before Halloween) so we have a good 2.5 months to enjoy them.  Spencer, who can remember random details of our trip to Vermont when he was 2, had completely forgotten what a splash pad was.  Silly kid.  It all came rushing back when we arrived.

I'm not going to include any text in between the pictures.  There are so many pictures it would take you until the splash pads close for the season to get through this post.  This is all I want to mention:

-There are way more pictures of Elliott compared to Spencer.  These are the reasons: 1) This was Elliott's first time.  2) I already have about a billion pictures of Spencer at various splash pads. 3) Spencer was running around like a maniac while Elliott sat nice and still.

- Elliott's bathing suit that we got him for Easter doesn't fit anymore.  I pulled out Spencer's baby swim suit, but it didn't have a matching top.  Megan gave us this swim top for my shower and it fits, but it definitely didn't match.  It bothered me so much that on Saturday afternoon I went and bought Elliott a new suit to match the top.

-On Sunday we forgot to bring a change of clothes for Spencer.  I told him and he made the funniest face.  I told him to make it again so I could take his picture.  I love the look on his face.  It's down at the bottom (scroll for about 6 hours and you'll get there) right above the first picture of Elliott in the swing.

SATURDAY
SUNDAY

THIS IS THE LOOK



7 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh my, cuteness overload here! Haha! You know I love it. All of Elliott's facial expressions are just adorable! I love the little froggy hat and shorts. And yes, I know we seem to take and post more pics of our youngest these days, but in fairness, we did take over 4 years of pictures of first borns before their siblings came along so it is only fair to our seconds, right? :-)

The GVZs said...

E is totally a huge, fat baby. That is so awesome. Good job.

Valerie said...

I honestly don't have any words to describe just how cute this is. The look on Spencer's face just made me laugh out loud. I'm sure people think I'm crazy now. It looks like Elliott LOVED the swings too. They are just too damn precious.

Sherry said...

Response to your comments:

Yep, I do usually end up celebrating "our" birthday during our Labor Day weekend beach trip. We go to Myrtle Beach because there is so much for kids to do there...and lots of shopping for me. I am waiting to do school clothes shopping until then. We did take Brody to the beach last year, but we do live substantially closer than you guys. It is about a 3 and a half hour drive and the boys usually ride well. My brother's family also has a beach house up in Ocean Isle, NC about an hour north of Myrtle Beach. My nephew's birthday is the same day as Spencer's so we will probably celebrate with him sometime that week. Charlotte is also hosting the lovely Democratic National Convention that week so we are getting the "heck" out of dodge if you know what I mean. My work and school are closing that week so we get to spend a few extra days at the beach...although Evan will miss a couple days of school. Ooops! :-)

I can't wait to see how you and I compare in our birthday celebrations. Hehe! Mine are pretty minimal...I had a Krispy Kreme doughnut cake for breakfast at the beach last year!

Jeannette said...

Um, words cannot describe the levels and cuteness and joy expressed in those pictures! Love them all!
Isn't it almost annoying when you get too many good pictures in a day/event? Because seriously, you aren't going to make prints of them all, but it's too hard to decide which to chose from.

k and j said...

laughing my ass off and ELLIOTT, oh myyyyy goodness....he is a chunk of LOVE!

Cat said...

Love the pics. Elliott's hat and Spencer's hat are cute. Michael's on the other hand...(sorry Michael, just not a Yankees fan).