Thursday, August 23, 2012

Costco

Elliott has been to Costco once before. He was strapped to me in the baby belle carrier that time.  He has been to Target (about 4 times), Sprouts (2 times) and Frys (once).  He has been in the stroller for those trips.  He has never sat in a grocery cart before.
 
Until now.
 
We made a quick mid-week run to Costco yesterday.  This was the shopping list:
 
flank steak
frozen blueberries
stamps
 
This is what we left with:
 
flank steak
frozen blueberries
stamps
a pumpkin pie
a pizza
 
We looked at baby clothes, but they only had outfits with pants.  Not exactly what we need right now.
 
Anyway.  Spencer and Elliott sat in the cart together.  It just about busted my heart into a million pieces.


This is an action shot of Michael putting the pumpkin pie into the cart.

 
We took Elliott into the cold room.  He seemed to like it.


There were very few samples. Spencer did get a cracker.  I had to ask the guy to leave the pineapple jalepeno salsa off of it.  I gave Elliott the little paper liner to crinkle.
 
Crinkling wasn't enough.  He decided he was having a snack too.

 
I would say Elliott's first time in a grocery cart was a smashing success.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm pretty sure we used to have the exact same cart cover. I say used to because we left it at the Cheesecake Factory last month. Fail.

I love Spencer's enthusiasm for shopping. And, his tshirt is adorable too. I have a sneaking suspicion that Spencer is going to have his mom's awesome sense of humor.

Oh, and can I request some more Ginger events? I'm starting to miss the fifth member of the fam!!

Jeannette said...

Um, you are so much braver than I am. Did you use the wipes provided at the door to totally disinfect it first?
Ellie still hasn't sat in a grocery cart yet, mainly because I have found that the best way to keep a toddler in line in a store is to physically strap them to your body. The Ergo has a weight limit of 45 pounds. I figure it has at least another 2-3 years of use (or until her feet drag on the floor).
Mmmm, pumpkin pie.

Cat said...

ha ha I love that you took pics in a grocery store :-)