Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Breakfast

During the week we are creatures of habit and routine.  Michael is up early and out the door early. Elliott is up by 8:00.  We nurse.  Spencer joins us by 8:30.  We cuddle in bed.  Then we all come out to the kitchen for breakfast.  After we eat we play, then I take a shower, then Elliott goes down for a nap.  It's all very boring.  Our weekends are much crazier.  We might, for instance, go to Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee before eating cereal at home.  We really know how to live it up on Saturday and Sunday.
 
While I was "making" breakfast today (pouring cereal, slicing strawberries and pouring milk) I noticed the sell by dates on our milk.  My birthday and Spencer's birthday. 
Cool!
 
Guess what Elliott started today?
 
He was pretty happy about it.
 
And then he was hoarding them in his chipmunk cheeks.
 
Did you know that cheerios have modified corn starch in them? I have worked so hard the last two months to keep corn out of Elliott's diet.  It's just crappy filler with no nutrition.  Alas.  I relented today. 
 
Spencer slept in his Stetson Law t-shirt last night (that's where my brother is attending law school).  If it was up to Spencer he would stay in his pajamas all day.  He usually gets dressed about 4 minutes before we leave for school.  I usually get dressed aboout 1 minute before we leave for school.  Think we're related?

3 comments:

Sherry said...

So cool about the birth dates! I wish we could celebrate together. ;-) Evan could never tolerate Cheerios because they had oats in them (oats and rice made him toss his cookies when he was an infant). I fed Brody those little baby rice cereal puffs, and he loved them. I don't think they had corn starch in them, but they probably did since everything seems to have filler in it these days. *Sigh*

Jeannette said...

We avoided corn for as long as possible for that same reason and Cheerios were her first "corn" food too (at like 10 months because I also didn't want her to have any wheat until she was a little older). Come to think of it.. she still hasn't had actual corn kernels since we don't really eat it anymore. Odd. Anyway, I digress. Arrowhead Mills makes a great puffed kamut cereal that we used as a first finger food for her. She still loves kamut. I think you can get it at Sprouts.

Cat said...

Wait so are Cheerios not good for you now? Here, I thought I was eating healthy by switching to Cheerios for breakfast...