Wednesday, August 1, 2012

This and That

It's that time again. The post when I have a bunch of pictures that don't warrant their own post, so I throw them all together in one big mash-up of a post.

#1.
Elliott has discovered the joy of a cool, wet washcloth on his head after a meal.  I think it's the baby equivalent of when they give you a hot washcloth in between courses at a fancy restaurant.

Spencer wanted to join in the fun.

My boys are just so handsome, in my very humble mama opinion.  I hate to think about the girls that will go after them in high school.  Uhhh.  I just shuddered a little bit thinking about me and my friends in high school. 

Mr. Washcloth reminded me of another baby I knew who enjoyed this

Spencer, at just about the same age.


I know he's wearing the same outfit in these two pictures, but they were actually taken more than a month apart.

Elliott shrieks when he pulls it off his head.

#2.
We went out for frozen yogurt for the first time since Elliott was born.

Elliott got mashed banana (that I brought from home).

#3.
Last week Spencer begged us to let him sleep in the twin bed in Elliott's room.  I don't know where he gets these ideas.  We tucked him in and a few minutes later he popped up in the kitchen.  He was pissed.  Apparently Ginger had jumped into bed with him.  He was not a fan. 

She started jumping off the bed before I could take the picture.  She knew she was busted. 

#4.
Speaking of Miss Lazy Bones.  She has taken to laying under the desk while I'm on the computer.  She's pretty stealth about it so I don't realize she is there and I end up kicking her in the ribs.  It doesn't cause her to leave though.

#5.
Remember my friend Elisa?  She is Spencer's godmother.  Have I mentioned she is pregnant with her first baby?  There were some concerns about the baby's heart after an ultrasound a few weeks ago, but she had another ultrasound today and BABY BOY is totally fine.  No problems.  Everything is normal and healthy.  THANK GOD!

She is getting all of my boy baby clothes.  These boxes are full. To the top. And this is just newborn to 3-6 months.

#6.
Spencer and I made cookies last week.  One of our eggs had a double yolk.  Spencer told me to take a picture of it.  After I did he said I could put it on the blog.  Today he told me I needed to pin something (beaver cupcakes).  "Oh, you definitely need to pin that mom".  Where does this kid get this stuff?

#7.
Spencer told me he was cold.  It was like 109 degrees outside.  I told him to put pants on.  He put on pajama pants, a "scarf", his slippers and gloves.  Then he was warm.

#8.
Spencer got some more bear toast for lunch last week.  This time I used a strawberry instead of sprinkles for the mouth.  It was much easier.

#9.
Elliott was chewing on his thumb.  Spencer wanted to do the same.

#10.
Elliott is no longer safe in the rock n play when unswaddled and awake.


#11.
I am actually under these pillows.  Thanks, Spencer, it wasn't hot under there or anything.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Woot Woot for Alisa's Baby. I am so glad things are fine!

Jeannette said...

I'm so happy Elisa's baby is okay! I was actually just thinking about her yesterday. That's the thing about ultrasounds. They can sometimes do more harm than good (at least to a hormonal mom-to-be's psyche). Thank God, indeed! :)

Also, yeah I remember Ellie being a Twisy McGee in the Rocker around this age (check out the "No Foolin' " post from April 2011). Soon he may start rejecting it all together. We had about another month after the twisting started. *sigh*

Valerie said...

I am so thankful to hear that Elisa's baby is alright and everything is looking good now!!!! So exciting. You won't spoil him or anything, will you?!?!

I'm going to go out on a limb but does Spencer have a fun personality like his mommy?

I'm so glad that Ginger wasn't left out of this post. I feel like no update is complete with a Ginger sighting. Bad girl for getting on the bed!!!

Elisa said...

Aww, ladies I am feeling the love!! Thank you.

Also, I love the washcloths pics. So cute.