Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day

There is much to be discussed. 

I should split this up into several posts, but then one of them would be the 500th post, and that seems boring.  I'm just going to segment different topics within this one ginormous post.

Post #1
Valentine Tour

I'm not going to do a full tour.  Most of our stuff this year is the same as last year.  We got the cookie jar and candles, which you already saw in a previous post, and we did get this sign to hang outside.
Spencer convinced me to actually hang this V-day garland.  Usually I leave it in the box.
Additionally, I bought this banner about 4 years ago, but this is the first year I put it up.

Post #2
Valentine cards/thank you cards.

I ordered 3 calendars from shutterfly in December.  As a thank you they sent me an email offering 10 free cards.  I decided to go for the Valentine cards.  Then I realized that procrastination had led to me not writing Christmas thank yous for a month and a half, so I included them with the cards.  I only had 10, so if you didn't get one, sorry.  This is what they look like.

Post #3
Dinner on Saturday

Our Valentine dinner was a double date with 2 children on Saturday.  I can't imagine a more fun V-day dinner.


Post #4
Our actual Valentine's Day

Spencer has been obsessed with this crane and blocks at IKEA.  He plays with it every time we are there.  It took a lot of planning to buy it while he was with us in the store.  We also got him his 1st heart shaped box of chocolates and a card.
The card came with stickers for decorating.
Michael got a bag of doritos.  Before you question my love and devotion for my husband, just know that there were no complaints from him.
Before picking Spencer up from school today I ran to the store to get some stuff for dinner.  I wanted to make things that are not typical dinner fare around here.

Spencer got an all beef Chicago hot dog from the deli.  It cost $1.10.
Michael got BBQ wings and spicy hot wings.  And a bacon/cheese twice baked potato.
Spencer wanted to try the wings too.  The BBQ ones.
He loved them.
Ginger waited patiently, but no tid-bits fell her way.
This came from the bakery at the grocery store.  It was very pretty.  It tasted like a sugar cube dipped in corn syrup and glazed with splenda.

Post #5
Spencer's hideous hair cut

Spencer and Michael both got their hair cut on Saturday.  Look at what the whackadoo lady at Super Cuts did to my baby.  I even pointed it out to her and asked her to fix it, but there really is no way to fix hair that has been CUT OFF.  Good thing his hair growns fast.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Heart Day...Scott found a great place that cut's hair here in Scottsdale. It's called Hadley's Salon so it's fate. They are not expensive at all and do a great job. You could try them next time...in like 6 months when he has hair again :-)

Maryellen said...

Your post wasn't ginormous at all. It was a very happy post! Both of your Valentine's celebrations looked like a lot of fun. I liked what you got Michael for Valentine's Day. John would have loved a bag of Doritos too. He got a heart shaped package of M&M's that I put in his lunch. He was happy.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got Spencer the crane toy at IKEA. He just loved that thing!

-Amy