Monday, April 27, 2020

Week six in quarantine

Sunday, April 19th

Since 2020 had a leap day all of the one year anniversaries of my chemo treatments fall on Sundays, because all of my chemos were on Fridays. 

This was the one year comparison of my fifth chemo, which was my first taxol chemo. 

I chose to ice my hands and feet for 15 minutes before, three hours during, and 15 minutes after each treatment to prevent permanent peripheral neuropathy in my fingers and toes.  It was so painful that I had to get doses of morphine throughout the three and a half hours. I did this for all four taxol treatments. 

We had our last dinner alfresco by the pool that evening.  It was a beautiful, temperate day, but things started heating up after.  




I had spent the day cutting out hearts to add to the front window display.  I took pictures after dinner.  




 Nothing at all happened on Monday the 20th, because I don't even have any pictures from that day. 

On Tuesday the 21st, we had another friend drive-by.  This time it was Spencer's friend Julian.  
Elliott finished reading the second Harry Potter that day, and we had received our sorting hat from Target, so we had another Harry Potter party night.  
The Sorting Hat actually sorted us into the same houses we had been sorted into by our pretend sorting hat the week before. 

Ravenclaw for Elliott 

Slytherin for Spencer 

Gryffindor for Michael 

Hufflepuff for me. 
Michael and I were drinking bellinis because Uncle Vernon serves champagne at the beginning of the second movie. 

Wednesday the 22nd was Earth Day, so we had a special Earth Day Yoda.  

No comments: