Monday, April 13, 2020

Palm Sunday week

Palm Sunday (April 5th) was the one year anniversary of my 4th chemo.  It was, by far, the worst and the hardest chemo treatment I had.  Five days later I couldn't even stand up or sit up and Michael had to take me in for emergency treatment. 

The 4th chemo

One year later

Side by side comparison 

We ate dinner outside by the pool again.  I clipped some palm fronds from our backyard tree and then blessed them with holy water that I conveniently have left over from both kids' baptisms.  

We had pork roast, pasta salad, and green salad.  

I jokingly took this as Michael's picture.  

Real 





Monday the 6th we took Spencer's 12 year 7 month picture.  It was the only picture I took that day. 

Tuesday the 7th was National Coffee Cake Day, so I made a coffee cake.  I mean, why wouldn't I? 

It was a delight 

We did a family art project that afternoon.  The scribbled out for safety on the internet part is our home address.  

I had recently organized the magnets on the refrigerator.  Wow.  Quarantine, man.  
We ordered tacos for dinner that night.  We were also out of cheese, so I got a side order of cheese, specifically so we could have some cheese in the house.  I was pretty proud of that.  

That night we took the telescope out to watch the International Space Station fly over.  We didn't end up needing the telescope because we could see the station without it.  It was so incredibly cool!

Elliott and I dressed for the occasion.  

This is what we saw.  


Some cool clouds on Wednesday the 8th.




We went back out to see the Space Station on Thursday, but we never did see it.  The angle that night was different and it was much more dim and visible for a shorter amount of time.   

Up next: Good Friday and Easter Eve.  And then Easter.  And then, more quarantine. 



No comments: