Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Good Friday and Holy Saturday

First of all, I forgot to include these pictures in my last post. I had TWO happy hours on Thursday the 9th.  First, with Ellen and Michelle at 4:00.  I drank iced tea and water. 

Then with my brother and two of our cousins at 5:30.  I drank wine.  

OK, moving on to Good Friday!

I worked doing work for most of the day.  Then I worked out, and I worked out hard that afternoon. 

Not a flattering picture, but look how sweaty!

(Side note, I have to wear my surgical abdominal binder when I do cardio. My internal scars hurt a lot if I don't.)

It wasn't until after I was done when I remembered it was the one year anniversary of when I got so sick from chemo that Michael had to come pick me up and take me in for emergency treatment. 

What a difference a year can make.  

That evening we had a very special "our lord and savior, Jesus Christ" Good Friday Happy Hour.  I requested that everyone wear something eastery, or to have eastery accessories. 






Mu uncle completely forgot that it was even Friday so we had to call him and remind him to join us.  He obviously wasn't prepared.  

So, I gave him a digital bunny.  

My dad asked if he could wear a bar t-shirt.  I said no.  He explained that he used to go to this bar with his friends on Good Friday.  I said I would allow it.  

We had breakfast for dinner that night, including hot cross buns.   

Every year my mom makes a bunny cake and then decorates it with the kids on the Saturday before Easter.  Obviously that was not going to happen this year, so my mom baked the cake several weeks ago.  I drove down there, picked it up (completely contactless), and then put it in the freezer.

We had to get creative with the pictures this year.  



I did the best I could to show it was a group effort.  

2015-2020


Michael and I had an "at home" date that night.

First, we had Irish Coffees and sat by the pool. 

We watched the sun set.  


Then we moved to the patio and had wine.  

Then we moved to the living room and ate peanut butter, honey, and banana sandwiches.  

We had the electric fire going, with no heat.  

After that, very late at night, the Easter Bunny came.  We've never celebrated Easter at our house before. We're always at my parent's house.  That's actually not true.  We had everyone over the year after Spencer was born, in 2008.  But he was 6 months old and the Easter Bunny did not come that year.

Mr. Bun Bun had fun with the new environment for hiding candy. 









Baskets for the kids, from us.  I'm very glad I drove to Tucson to get them.  It just made me less anxious to keep some sort of tradition.  





No comments: