Monday, April 6, 2020

Quarantine continues

There is not a ton to report.  Much like everyone else in the world, we spent last week on lockdown. 

I had seen something on Instagram about putting a bear in your window so that kids can do a bear hunt to keep themselves occupied.

I put Paddington and Corduroy in our front window. 

They had been there for a few days before I remembered to take a picture on Sunday, March 29th. 


We had our 3rd Sunday dinner by the pool that evening.  



Michael did a big grocery shopping trip at Costco and Sprouts on Monday the 30th.  We're hoping it lasts us at least two weeks, if not longer.  I've never been so happy to have two refrigerators. 

I did a zoom happy hour with Megan (Massachusetts) and Cathy (New Hampshire) that evening.  Megan was supposed to visit me with her husband in May.  It's been cancelled. 

We attempted a Brady Bunch shot. 

We had breakfast for dinner that night, and I made myself a cup of hot tea.  I took this picture to send to Laura, because she gave me this mug last year.  
And then that night I sat down to write an IEP.  I wrote for about 20 minutes and when I went to save it, the whole system crashed.

This was my reaction.  
I drove to Tucson on Tuesday the 31st because my mom made a cake for us for Easter, and because our Easter baskets were at my parent's house.  Never did I think that leaving them there would pose such a predicament.  We practiced very safe social distancing procedures, I promise. 

Every year my mom and the kids frost a bunny cake the day before Easter.  This year it'll be a long distance collaboration.  

Someone was giving free lunches to truckers at a rest area when I drove back home. 

I took a bunch of pictures of the Eastery house on Wednesday, April 1st.  That will be a whole, entire post, but here is a sneak peak.  
We had $50 in gift cards to Applebee's that someone gave me during my cancer treatment last year.  We never eat at Applebee's so that had been sitting unused, in a drawer since January 2019.  We decided, what the heck.....and used them for dinner that night.  Michael picked up the food curbside.  

I made us some delicious cocktails.  

I took no pictures on Thursday.  I mean, every day is pretty much the same, so I'm really stretching here to get some content.  Ha!

We ordered a new coffee table from Amazon, and it was delivered on Friday, April 3rd.  It's on wheels and it has compartments that can be concealed with the sliding barn doors, so it's perfect for hiding our hand weights.  

We did a family zoom happy hour that night.  Nick and Raquel and my Uncle Terry were wearing U of A shirts.  Then Nathan came on a little later with a U of A shirt.  So the rest of us went and changed so we had an entire U of A theme. 

I worked for a few hours on Saturday morning.  I took my April hair growth pictures that afternoon.  I think that will be the next post.  

That night one of my friends was doing a "challenge" on FB, so I participated.  This is what life has become, apparently.  Zoom happy hours and FB challenges. 



No comments: