Monday, March 26, 2018

YeeHaw- Kindergarten Rodeo

Thursday, March 8th was the Kindergarten Rodeo in Elliott's class.  I volunteered when Spencer was in Kindergarten in 2014, so I felt like I owed the same level of support to Elliott.  I rearranged my work days that week so I could be there that morning. 

Elliott was the helper for the day so he got to sit in the helper seat.

His teacher gave the class directions, and then it was time to head outside. 

"Pony racing" was first.
I found Elliott's vest at Goodwill for $1.99 two days before.  I walked in, went to the kid's section, it was the first thing I saw hanging on the rack, I grabbed it, bought it and left.  Perfection.






Horse roping



This picture was a total accident, but I think it's pretty cool.  Can you tell what it is? 

It's two of my fingers and my ring. 

Sack races




Panning for gold




Bean bag toss




Taking a break with friends 

Hula hoop toss 




Pin the tail on the cow


Musical chairs

The only thing that Spencer remembers about his rodeo is that he won musical chairs.  Elliott wasn't as lucky. 




I was very careful and deliberate to get this picture. 


Kindergarten Rodeo comparison 
Once the rodeo was over I spent the rest of the day at home working out, cleaning, doing laundry, watching Law & Order SVU.  I don't actually have any idea if that's what I did that day, but it's quite likely. 

Around 3:00 in the afternoon I started getting ready for my girl's night out. 

Another face mask  I texted this to Maryellen and Lauren.  You'll see why in 1/2 a second. 
I took the kids to piano lessons, Michael met us there, then it was off to Mesa where I met up with Lauren and Maryellen for drinks and dinner. 

And then we went to see Simply Three.  It was a great show and we're already talking about going again next year. 

No comments: