Sunday, March 25, 2018

The end of soccer and various other happenings

This is going to be a weird post just because of the timeline. We'll start on Friday, March 2nd and end on Wednesday the 7th.  It was also a fairly boring chunk of time. Whatever.  Let's go.

A bit of backstory before I begin.  A former high school classmate of mine tragically lost her 10 year old daughter in either November or December.  Another classmate arranged it so that once a week for an entire year someone from our graduating class sends the family a little care package.  I was assigned the week of March 5th, so on Friday the 2nd I took the package to the post office to mail.  

I was not friends with this classmate in High School and we are not friends now, so I had no idea what to send.  I finally decided on a fairly generic gift: springtime washi tape and some napkins. 

And of course, a nice card. 

I included our Christmas picture so she has some idea of who it was from. 
I spent the rest of the day, and also Saturday morning and Sunday morning in this exact seat attending a pediatric neurosciences symposium through Phoenix Children's Hospital and Barrow Neurological Institute.  
After the class on Saturday morning I went to a "party" Joni was hosting because she is selling Rodan+Fields now. 

Then took a picture of my manicure before the polish started chipping. 

And worked on the piano decorations a bit more. 
Spencer had his last soccer game of the season on Sunday the 4th.  They came in 3rd place in the league. 

I was able to make it there after my class and watch the second half of the game. 

I also stopped somewhere on my way home from the game, but I can not remember where or figure out where.  But I took this picture there and I remember I took it because I thought this mirror made me look 800 feet tall. 
We had gotten Spencer's soccer pictures the week before, but I didn't take pictures of the pictures until Monday the 5th.  Here they are. 


That week of school was also spirit week for the kids.  Spencer participated.  Elliott refused. 

And I finally got this little display right on top of the piano. 
Tuesday the 6th.  We almost got through a post without a picture of Ginger on her bed.  That would have been a shame. 

Spencer was ten and a half.  We did his picture in his room with his new curtain. 

Wednesday the 7th was Wear Red for Ed day in Arizona because we are pathetic and have the lowest funding for public education in the nation.  

I went all out with my red. 

Up next:
Monday: Elliott's rodeo day.
Tuesday: our first trip to Tucson since we came home after Christmas.
Wednesday: Spring Break and St. Patrick's Day.
Thursday and Friday: Don't know yet but I promise there will be posts.


No comments: