Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Book Fair and Ginger's Sweet 16

On Friday, March 9th I documented the manicure I did to go see Simply Three.  I had to get pictures before it started chipping.
I did a bunch of stuff around the house that day and in the afternoon I went to the grand opening of a new therapy clinic.  Two of my friends, that I used to work for, opened a pediatric speech and occupational therapy clinic.  It is gorgeous and I am tempted to work there like one day a week. 

I loved the cookies they had made for the day. 

That evening we drove down to Tucson.  We ate with my parents and then left the kids with them to go out for coffee and to see Black Panther. 
On Saturday the 10th we went to a huge book fair at the University of Arizona.  It's the third largest book fair in the country.  We spent most of our time doing science stuff.  Like launching rockets we built. 




And pretending to be birds. 

Another accidental picture of my fingers and rings.  I have NEVER done this before and then I did it twice in three days. 


Brain tent


My uncle wrote a new book and was set up in a tent at the book fair to sell it.  My dad sat with him. 
After we left the fair we made a quick run to the party store, and then went back to my parent's house so we could celebrate Ginger's 16th birthday.  

A Sweet 16 definitely requires a neck ribbon and a photo shoot. 





Oh, and it DEFINITELY requires a homemade pink velvet cake. 





And matching plates and napkins. 

She was enthralled with all the party plans. 

Family pictures with the birthday girl. 




Official

Elliott insisted I take this picture of him, so I threw it in here for fun. 
We went to church with my parents that evening and then it was time for a special birthday dinner (take-out from two different places to make everyone happy) and the cake!

We sang to Ginger.  She loved it. 





She did not violently thrash around at all. 

Ginger's piece of cake. 


Ginger was wiped out on Sunday the 11th.  Turning 16 is a lot of work.  She put herself in this position. Back rammed into the chair and feet under the rug. 
Before we left town to drive home I made a triple batch of eggnog without the dairy.  In 2016 I made it in November, in 2017 I made it in May, and in 2018 I made it in March.  It should be the best ever!

This is 36 egg yolks!

36 egg yolks and 3 pounds of sugar. 

36 egg yolks, 3 pounds of sugar and 9 cups of booze. 

YUM!

No comments: