Wednesday, March 28, 2018

My Spring Break

Friends.  Family.  Unknown readers.  We are so close.  So, so close.  I can almost say that we're talking about last week.  I am happy to report that the new photo storage system, save for a few hiccups, seems to be working out well.  I am confident that I will be able to continue taking an out-of-control number of pictures and blogging every mundane detail of my life for years to come. 

The week that I was out of school for spring break was also the first week of the kid's spring break.  On Monday the 12th they both had dermatology appointments.  Then we went to Cerreta's Candy in Glendale where the chocolatiers were busy making millions of chocolate bunnies. 




That afternoon I ended up at Target (probably trip #1 of 57 over the last two weeks).  I found the night shirt I want, but only in small and extra small.  I was even going to make an exception to my no-new-shirts New Year's Resolution because it's a pajama shirt (even though I would have totally worn it during the day.) 

I also had a flashback to the 90's with the new Umbro line. 
Tuesday the 13th. 

Ginger, because, of course. 
Elliott saw me reading this article in EW and thought that it was a picture of me and Michael.  Catherine O'Hara is 63 and Eugene Levy is 71.  Thanks Elliott. 
Wednesday the 14th I popped in to Target.  I bought the flamingo flip flops on the left to wear to the Pink Flamingo party this summer.  I put them away only to find I had already bought some at Old Navy.  Well, at least I'm a consistent planner. 
On Thursday the 15th I took pictures of my St. Patrick's Day manicure.  I don't remember when I actually did it, but I think it was the day before.  I had a hard time photographing this one because the gold polish was really cheap and awful. 


Spencer's friend Julian spent the night on Wednesday night and then stayed all day on Thursday.  Elliott's friend Jeffrey came over that day too and all four boys wanted me to leave the bed up that Spencer and Julian had slept in.  They wanted to sit on it to play video games. 

This is what ended up happening. 



One dog on the bed and none of the four boys with her. 
My Friday (the 16th) did not go as planned.  My cousin Taylor is in town for a few weeks (she lives in Cape Town, South Africa) and I had invited her and her parents for dinner.  But first I had a quick cleaning and cavity filling at the dentist. 

I was horrified about by the palm tree trimmers before I left.  I don't think they are "certified".  I myself am not a certified palm tree trimmer, but I'm pretty sure they weren't doing it right. 
Everything was going great until it became apparent that my quick dental appointment was not going to be quick at all.  I ended up spending close to four hours there.  I still had to go grocery shopping and I still had to make all of the food for dinner.  I was nearly in tears. 

I managed to pull it together and threw one heck of a dinner party, but there are no pictures of it.  I was too overwhelmed. 

I did manage to get the company though.  

Taylor and her friend Oscar. 

My aunt Janis, Taylor and my uncle Gary. 






After everyone left we realized we needed to take Elliott's 6 year 3 month pictures. 

Done. 

Saturday the 17th was St. Patrick's Day, as it is every year. 

The day started with a great visit from Winston.  He brought green donuts from Krispy Kreme.  We're very curious if he went through the drive-thru and what he used for money. 


Then it was time to get ready for dinner party number two.  I had to go to the grocery store again because I was so frazzled on Friday I couldn't possibly begin to handle two separate menus and lists in one trip. 

I went authentic on this one. 



This was an Irish Apple cake (authentic) with a sour rainbow candy (not authentic) topper.


Table centerpiece


We took a family picture right before our company arrived. 

John and Maryellen brought Guinness and we all had one.  Even me!

I made shepherd's pie with a colcannon topping for dinner. 

Vegetarian for Lauren

Lauren brought Irish Soda bread, but we ate most of it before I took pictures. 

Same with the potato soup that was the first course. 

Um, yum. 
The kids got into the dress up box.  I thought John and Maryellen should wear these on the way home and stop at a store. 


Dessert
I bought these leggings after St. Patrick's day last year.  They are an XL from the little girl's section.  Michael watched me put them on.  It was hilarious.  I did wear a skirt over them, because otherwise it would have been inappropriate. 

And with that, we really are up to last week!


No comments: