Thursday, March 22, 2018

A new to us piano and Ginger's latest surgery

I'm three days in to my massive catch-up schedule and I haven't messed it up yet!  Go me!

We've made it to February 20th. It was a Tuesday.  I worked.  Someone on one of the groups I belong to on Facebook asked members to post a work selfie.  This was mine.   This is exactly where you will find me most days at work. 
Wednesday the 21st was incredibly cold.  It was probably the coldest day of 2018.  I actually wore gloves to work.  Then, when I left work I put the gloves and a roll of duct tape I needed to bring home in my purse.  Somehow my pocket knife ended up in there too.  When I stopped at Home Goods on my way home I looked in my purse and laughed.  I looked like I was about to commit a major crime. 
Ginger also had a very minor surgery that day to remove a skin cancer from her belly.  We asked the vet if she could do it without anesthesia, so they just made Ginger drowsy and used a punch biopsy to cut it out. I was happy to see her when I got home. 

Sorry for the gore. 
I need to rewind for a moment to mention that after years about talking about it, my parents finally gave us their piano. It's the piano that my grandparents gave them when I was in 2nd grade.  We got it delivered on President's Day and by Wednesday I was itching to decorate the top of it.  That's why I stopped at Home Goods.  I didn't find anything there, but I did get this great picture at Hobby Lobby and this lamp at Kirkland's. There was also an insane shop lifting incident that I witnessed at Hobby Lobby, so again, give me a call if you want to hear it. 
I've changed the left side of the piano since taking these pictures, but I am happy with the final effect. 
I have no idea what was going on here on Thursday the 22nd.  This is why you should never blog one month late.  We were obviously watching the Olympics, which we did every day, but why all these pictures? I don't know. 




Spencer saw his allergy doctor after being in the ER and she started him on a whole new regiment.  He did a lot of nebulizing that week. 

I was home with Ginger the morning of the 23rd.  Not for long though. 
I ended up having a two hour dentist appointment because it was my first visit and they took so many records and did so much consultation with me I didn't even have time for the actual cleaning.   We'll be talking more about this soon. 
That afternoon I did an Art Masterpiece lesson in Elliott's class.  They sat in a circle when I was done with the lesson and everyone showed their art.  They held the sharing bear when it was their turn. 





That night my friend Elisa came up from Tucson for an overnight visit with her son Max.  We laughed when we realized we were wearing the same outfit. 

Elliott took this picture and since he was shooting up we look like giants. 

This is much better. 

Similar shoes too. 
After dinner and before bed I discovered that Elliott had written a message to Spencer on his door. Ugh.  These kids. 

He also stamped all over his door too. 

No comments: