Friday, March 23, 2018

Transportation Day 2018

Transportation Day is held every year on the last Saturday of February at a local preschool.  Basically the school invites a bunch of different vehicles to come park in their parking lot and then, free of charge, the public is invited to come check out the different modes of transportation.

We took Spencer for the first time in 2010.  He was 2. 

We loved it, so we went back in 2011 when he was 3. 

Michael and Spencer went together in 2012 when he was 4. 
Elliott was on total lock down at that time, so I stayed home with him.  I can remember actually shaking in terror at the idea of taking him to such a germ ridden event. 

Look.  So little.  So sickly. 

A robust and healthy Elliott attended for the first time in 2013.  He was 1 and Spencer was 5. 

And then we took both of them again in 2014 when Elliott was 2 and Spencer was 6. 

I don't know what the heck happened, but 2014 was the last time we went.  We missed 2015, 2016 and 2017 and that makes me so sad.  

This year, Spencer and Michael were attending a retreat at our church in preparation for Spencer's first communion and confirmation. My friend Elisa and her son Max came up to stay with us the night before, specifically to go to Transportation Day with us. 

We're back!  Transportation Day 2018!
I took this picture.  I don't know what happened that I didn't notice I cut their heads off.  I seriously didn't notice though.  It was probably the glowing sun on my phone screen, but it could have been pure distraction. 




City bus


Elliott always pretends to be sleeping when he takes a picture with me.  It's a "thing" I will be happy for him to outgrow. 






This was the back of a police car.  Don't get too comfy there, son. 


My friend Joey works for this air-evac company, so I was taking pictures of his co-workers to send him. 







We didn't see the helicopter land, but we did get to see it leave. 


After Transportation Day was over we took the kids out for lunch.  Then Elisa and Max drove back to Tucson and I went to get a much needed "good" haircut.  I've been getting crappy haircuts for a few years and my hair was jacked because of it.  She had to cut off a lot more than I would have preferred, but it will grow and when it grows it won't be a nightmare anymore. 

I took pictures to text Elisa. 

After my haircut we went to church and then my dad came up to spend the night with us.  He went to bed at, like, 9 pm because he had to get up at 3 am to go to the airport to fly to Washington DC. 

Progress!  We made it from Feb 12 to the 25th in four posts.  That's not terrible.  My plan is to post every day until I am posting March 25th-29th on the 30th. If all goes well my catch-up will take one more week. And then I will be immediately behind from the Easter holiday weekend. 

No comments: