Friday, December 1, 2017

A thankful home 2017, and pre-Thanksgiving

I took all of these pictures of the house on Sunday the 19th.  As soon as the photo session was done I took everything fall, turkey, and Thanksgiving down and packed it up so I could prepare for Christmas.  We weren't home for Thanksgiving anyway, so it didn't matter that we were no longer decorated for the holiday.  

I actually bought some new stuff this year so I feel like my Thanksgiving decor is finally up to par.  I've gone from a teeny tiny little box with a few turkeys to a pretty decent spread. 

So, let's get this tour started.  

The black shelves in the living room.

See the turkey on the bottom left?  We bought him at Target, got him home and then realized he was missing a foot.  I was going to return him, but then I went to a different Target and found a turkey foot sitting next to the display so I took it and glued it on to this turkey.  It's either a Thanksgiving miracle, or just a sign of really crappy quality.  You decide.

The entryway table

My friend Cathy gave me a gift card in April.  I kept it specifically so I could buy something Thanksgiving with it.  I feel like I already told this story though.  Anyway, I bought this turkey and he is spectacular. 

The dining room

The left server. 

The turkey runner on the table

The dish hutch

The cornucopia on the table.  It's new this year.  

Close-up of some of the dishes.


Elliott made an appearance mid photo-shoot and wanted me to take his picture with this string.

The right server.
I bought the frame this year and intentionally put a really old picture of the kids in there.  I just loved their turkey "eat pizza" shirts and that's how I want to remember them on Thanksgiving.


The family room mantel.

Family room entertainment center

Close-up of the bronze turkeys matching the bronze wall.  The big one is new, the little one is not. 


The window behind the kitchen table

Behind the kitchen sink


The pantry door

Kitchen cabinets

Kitchen table

Bearded bird by the sink.  I bought a winter bird last year to put here for Christmas (our wi-fi router) is in that box) and we all liked him so much we left him out all year.  Then we got a jack-o-lantern bird for Halloween and this somewhat pilgrim-esque bird for Thanksgiving. I'll have to see if I can find spring and summer birds next year. 
On Monday the 20th Spencer and I went to the Mayo Clinic for his last patch testing appointment.  Results: he has no contact allergies.  That's great and also puzzling.  And it leaves us confused as to what to do now. 

On Tuesday the 21st I made pies for Thanksgiving.  I made some roll up cookies with the leftover pie crust, because that's what my mom has always done with her leftover pie crust and I'm her daughter. This will be important when we get to Wednesday in 5 seconds, so remember this picture. 
Elliott wore the pumpkin hooded sweater to school on Wednesday the 22nd.  It's a Gymboree 5T that my kids have been wearing since 2012, but I think this is it's last year in our family.  I'll send it to Jeannette so her kids can get five more years out of it. 


A pumpkin hooded sweater matched with shorts.  Ah, fall in Arizona. 
I worked on the 22nd.  The one time a year I get lunch from the cafeteria is at the Thanksgiving luncheon the day before Thanksgiving. I was too busy to stay in the cafeteria though, so I brought my tray back to my room and ate while I did paperwork. 

We did a Thanksgiving food activity that day. 
That afternoon we drove to Tucson.  I arrived to my parent's house to find my mom making roll up cookies with her leftover pie crust.  See I told you. 

Then I gave my mom a Thanksgiving banner that I had bought for her. 

So we did a side-by-side comparison of the banner I gave her and the banner she bought herself.  

Up next: 5,000 pictures of Thanksgiving food, and a few people thrown in for good measure. 

No comments: