Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thank you for being a friend

My Sisterhood group has a running document where we plan and keep track of our monthly get-togethers. Back in the spring time, maybe about April, I decided to host a Golden Girl's Appreciation Party.

The big day was Saturday, November 18th.  You would think that with all those months between idea and party I would have gotten an early start, but, no.  I started doing some planning on Thursday.  Like, 48 hours ahead of time. 

Luckily I have all of the supplies I need to throw a party.  I just printed some Golden Girls pictures, bought food and fresh flowers and we were good to go!

The picture I added to the frame is still there.  I think I will never take it down. 

We ate outside on the lanai.  Of course. 



Selfie, to show off my curls. 

Maryellen came as Blanche (posing with Blanche). 

I was Rose (posing with Rose).

Brenda was Dorothy (posing with Dorothy. See a theme here?).

Shireen was Rose.

Lauren was Sophia. 

Joni was Blanche. 
I somehow didn't get a picture of Cynthia with Blanche, but she was also Blanche.  Boy was she ever Blanche.    


Individual Pictures




This was my motivation for my outfit. 





And this was Cynthia's motivation.

After all of the pictures it was time for an Italian Feast inspired by Sophia and her stories of Sicily.





My dinner.

Elliott took a group picture of us. 

We had a lovely dinner and then it somehow became a thing for all of us to try on Maryellen's wig. 

Joni was straight up Princess Diana. 


Cynthia and Maryellen had the same wig, so she just kept hers on. 



We played Golden Girls Trivia during dinner and had cheesecake for dessert (of course), but there are no pictures of any of that.  Oops.  

It was a fantastic party and I totally think we should do it again once every three-ish years. 

No comments: