Wednesday, November 15, 2017

From Halloween to California

The day after Halloween I stopped at Target on my way to work so I could buy some desired items for 50% off. I know it looks like the cart is totally full, but it was more that the items were really big. 

Since I was on my way to work they had to come with me to work. 

I never want to be pulled over by a police officer, but if I was this would have been a good day for it. 
I got a coffee at the Target Starbucks before I left. It was just an Americano, but it was really festive in the holiday cup. 

I tested the skull out when I got home from work.  I'm not sure where I will put him next year. 
Even though Halloween was over I was still doing Halloween activities with my kids at work on Wednesday the 1st and Thursday the 2nd.  I colored all of these during those two days. We were targeting vocabulary and following directions. 
On Wednesday the 1st, after work, I put away all of the Halloween decorations and got out the Thanksgiving decorations.  I have now inherited two of these turkeys. The one on the right was my grandmother's, so I got it after she died in 2012.  The one on the left was my Aunt Karen's, so I got it this year.  I love them and they make me want to cry. 


I did my first set of fall nails that night. 
On Friday the 3rd I loaded up the car and drove to California to spend the weekend with Megan.  She was supposed to have had a baby one week prior, but he was three weeks early so I wasn't there immediately post partum. And, just as a reminder, Megan was a surrogate, so the baby was not hers and he is living happily with his parents in a different state. 

Sunglasses for any number of activities and outfits. 

Wine

My special neck roll pillow because without it, ouch. 

And, of course, me. 
The sunset was so stunning as I headed into the Coachella Valley I actually pulled off the freeway to do an entire photo session. 





Megan, her girls and I went to Panera for dinner and then ended up at this art festival that night. It was on the top level of a Macy's parking garage. 


We took a selfie to show that the heaters were on.  It was like 67 degrees. 
On Saturday the 4th we went to Old Navy. Megan moved a dress on the rack about a quarter of an inch and this entire pile of jeans fell off the table behind the rack.  Oops. 


We went to a piggy-decorated restaurant for dinner.  It was awesome. 











After dinner we went to Thrifty ice cream.  A real honest to goodness Thrifty!


Of course I got a double scoop- chocolate malted crunch and cherry chip. 
On Sunday the 5th Megan and I both had massages at her house and then I drove home.  It was fabulous and then awful. 

I took one picture all day.  It was pretty artsy. 

No comments: