Thursday, December 21, 2017

Star Wars to start the week

Michael, Spencer and I went to see the new Star Wars movie on Sunday afternoon (December 17th).  It was a cold, rainy, day and just perfect for a movie day. 

I did my nails for the occassion.  As I write this on Thursday, they look awful, but they were great when I finished them. 

We all had new shirts. 

Elliott got to spend the afternoon with Gloria.  I think he was more excited than we were. 

We ate lunch in the dine-in theater. 

Sunday night we went to church.  I really like our church's advent wreath. 
This is my friend Daniel.  He is not the priest at our church.  He posted this picture on his Facebook page and joked about how his vestment was rose and not pink for Gaudete Sunday- the third Sunday of Advent.
Daniel happens to be friends with Fr. Dan who is at our church, so I took this picture and sent it to Daniel to point out that THIS is rose, and he was wearing pink. 

That night we watched Rudolph, and I wore my matching PJ pants.
On Monday morning (December 18th) I was doing some work on the computer when I noticed Ginger had wedged herself under the chair. 

I was just about to shower and get ready to head to a special Christmas tea with two of my aunts when the school called to tell me Spencer had puked and was being sent home.  

Plot change. 

Since I had an unexpected afternoon at home I decided to make a double batch of laundry detergent.  I last made it in May.

I had one bar of new fels-naptha soap.  This is what it looked like shredded in the food processor, 

and then ground in the food processor. 
I had one bar of old fels-naptha.  This is what it looked like just shredded.  I'm fascinated by the difference.  I think it has to do with moisture and the old soap has lost a lot of moisture. 

After I made the detergent, which I hope will last until June, we had tamales for dinner. 
On Tuesday the 19th I finally took pictures of the kids in their jammies in front of the tree.  These are make-shift jammies since the shirt is actually really a shirt. 





Since we were by the tree I finally got a picture of all of the craft projects from preschool that are under the tree.  2011, 2012, 2015, 2016. 
After the kids were in bed I did some last minute Christmas shopping.  I really wanted this shirt, but it has such a limited time frame for usage.  

I did not want these Satan pillows.  
I worked on Wednesday the 20th.  My co-worker gave me this lovely gift.  There was a bottle of wine in the bag too. 

It says, " SLP Keep talking I'm diagnosing you".


I took the kid's "December 20th" pictures right before bed. 

And then Michael and I stayed up until 1:00 wrapping presents.  This was part of what I gave to co-workers.   I wish I had bought one for myself. 

No comments: