Monday, December 11, 2017

Spencer's Cookie Party

A few weeks ago I had the GREAT idea for Spencer to host a cookie decorating party. Apparently I thought that what my December needed was more work.

I made all of the cookie dough on Thursday night, rolled out/cut/baked all of the cookies and made the frosting on Sunday morning, and the kids got there at 2 pm on Sunday the 3rd. 

Everything set up for the kids to arrive.
We had a last minute panic attack about the frosting.  It had too much milk and not enough powdered sugar and I thought I had ruined it.  I saved it with more powdered sugar, thank goodness. 

I made cut out sugar cookies, 

gingerbread men, 

and sugar cookies with a shape stamped on the top. 

Toppings/decorations

Everyone Spencer invited was able to make it. 


The kids were really into it. 

The finished cookies being transferred to the table. 



I put out a package of oreos thinking kids might snack on them while they worked.  Nope.  They used them as decorations. 



Photo bombers in the background. 



Hilarious creations with oreos. 

The kids with their finished cookies. 








After the cookies were done we let them pick a few to eat, served hot chocolate, and put on Home Alone to watch. 
And that was when things got out of control.  I've never seen kids so crazy.  I mean, come on guys, it's just a movie.  

Our reaction. 
We were so happy to send everyone home. 

One of Spencer's friends brought this ornament to give to us.  It kind of made it all worth while. 

And the memories.  I guess the memories were good too.  For Spencer.  Not us. 

No comments: