Friday, December 15, 2017

My dad's birthday

Every December my mom goes to San Diego for a few days with some of her girlfriends. This year they left the morning of my dad's birthday, Sunday December 10th. Since she was going to be gone on the big day I asked my dad to come up from Tucson on Saturday afternoon, baby-sit the kids on Saturday night and then we'd take him out for a big fancy brunch on his birthday.  And that's exactly what happened. 

We went to the Camelback Inn and had their amazing Sunday buffet.  We walked by this truck on our way in.  He wanted his picture with it. 
We arrived a few minutes early specifically so we could take pictures with the tree that I knew would be in the lobby. 






We asked a woman in the lobby if she would take our picture.  I don't want to be ageist, but she was youngish and looked like she'd probably taken a bunch of photos on a phone camera.   

Wrong.

This woman had no idea what she was doing. 

First of all, she backed away from us.  Who backs up and gets further away when taking someone's picture?  Then she started handing the phone back the second she pressed the button. 

There's like six more of these too. 

Then with a lot of instruction we were able to pull this off. 

We were brunching for something like two hours. 



I had specifically noted that we were celebrating two birthdays, so in addition to the dessert trays, 

We got two slices of cake. 


This was Elliott's plate. 

This was my dad's. 

One more shot of the tree. 

And then I got to sit between the kids in the back seat on the way home. 

No comments: