Monday, December 4, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

I was so on the ball and had all of these pictures loaded on Sunday night, but then I forgot to come back and actually write the post, so, we're going to make this real quick. 

My parents hosted 25 people for Thanksgiving this year.  It took ALL the seating to accommodate everyone. 

Dining room table


Outside table #1.  These are my Thanksgiving dishes. 

Outside table #2

Outside table #3

Drink station

Ginger picked a really convenient location for a nap. 
Family picture before anyone dribbled gravy on themselves.  I got Michael's tie at the party store.  It was a hit.

My uncle set up his own drink station.  Not just for him to drink, but he brought and did all of this. 

My brother's eel pie.  A traditional dish from the first Thanksgiving.  It's actually quite delicious. 


Appetizers- after the crowd got to them.  This is what was left. 
Two kinds of turkey. 

The first one was bacon wrapped.



Gravy that I could eat every day, it was that good. 

Pork roast

Bacon mashed potatoes

Two kinds of cranberries

My mom's jello that she makes every year.  Spencer calls it "Gramme's very special jello".

Rolls.  I'm acting like you guys have never seen Thanksgiving food before. 

My praline topped sweet potatoes. 

The crowd


Raquel and my mom

My mom and her cousin John's wife, Patsy.

Lois joined in 
John, who broke his arm two days before Thanksgiving (compound fracture) and had a six hour surgery that day before Thanksgiving. 

Mincemeat pie

The pecan baby pies I made

Pumpkin pie (are you guys taking notes?)

Caramel apple slab pie I made.
My friend Jaime posted a picture of herself and her boyfriend.  She was wearing the same dress in navy blue, so this was my response to her. 

We gave my uncle an early Christmas gift that he can use all month. 

It was two glasses with festive doggies all over. 

Taken to show all of the Boys State people that my dad was wearing his Boys State shirt on Thanksgiving.

Ginger helped with the dishes.


And right before bedtime I remembered to get a picture of their shirts. 



Gobble gobble!

No comments: