Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Recap

We got Elliott's new bath seat delivered on Thursday.  Of course we had to test it out right away.  Thursday isn't technically part of the weekend, but the pictures were too cute to not share. 


"Experts" say that a nice, warm bath is a soothing way to transition a baby into bed time.

Not this baby.

After his bath he is as hyper and excited as he gets at any point during the day.
He laughs and screeches and kicks his legs and rolls all around.

If he could, I can imagine him doing tumbles and flips as part of an intense, Olympic level gymnastics routine.
Apparently, in Elliott's opinion, bath time = caffeine and sugar IV.
On to the weekend recap.

We spent the weekend in Tucson.

#1. We needed to bring Spencer home after his time with his grandparents.
#2.  Laura and Josh were hosting the summer get-together for our group of friends.  We missed the Christmas one (it was the day after Elliott was born) and the group skipped the spring one because so much was going on with us.  We really wanted to attend this time.

Laura and Josh were due with their second daughter exactly 1 month after Elliott was due.  Since he made his grand appearance a month early they ended up being 2 months apart.

This was the first time we got to meet baby Samantha!
I'm so glad that Elliott will have a little friend to grow up with.
Laura and I met in 9th grade and it's still so much fun to think about us having kids that are the same age.
Elliott is thinking, "hmmmm.  A girl.  Not familiar."
At various different times while I was taking these pictures they held hands and also got their legs tangled together.
It was about 800% too cute.
I made fruit and rice krispy treat skewers for the kids.  I forgot to take a picture until there were only 2 left.
It's another My 2 Dads photo op.

Later that night, at my parents house, Elliott sat in Spencer's old high chair and ate carrots.

This is from the archives. Spencer at close to the same age as Elliott now.
This is Spencer about 4.4 seconds after going to bed on Saturday night.

Sunday morning my brother, Nick, and one of my mom's friends joined us for breakfast.  I was helping my mom with something, so my dad took Elliott and they sat at the bar together.
My dad was delighted that Elliott was pounding on the bar.  He takes it as a good sign for the future.
Elliott ate his fruit and oatmeal and then started fussing.  Michael took him out of the high chair and moments later he just fell asleep.  He hasn't just fallen asleep like this since he was about 2.5 months old.
After breakfast Nick was reading the NY Times so we thought it would be funny to just drop Elliott on his lap.
Uncle/Nephew
Also Godfather/Godson
Ginger decided to try being Asian for a few moments.
Then settled on being a white girl.
Before we knew it, it was time to return home.  This is what it takes for our family of 4 humans and a dog to go to Tucson for the weekend. 

Ridiculous.

That minivan just keeps looking better and better.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Get a minivan!

Valerie said...

That bath seat looks like a great idea! I'm pretty sure you and I have almost the exact same clothes for our little guys.

The Ginger updates? Stop it, you're killing me!!

Sherry said...

Oh my, I have so many things to say about this post as usual! I feel like we live the same life...minus the dog (we haven't gotten a new one since my little one died two years ago).
1) Yes, we are thinking that minivan is looking nice now and have actually test driven a VW one. I loved it so we might be purchasing later this summer...just enjoying no car payment a little too much right now.
2) Elliott sleeping picture...oh my goodness! Does it get any cuter?
3) The Spencer sleeping pic is pretty darn cute too.
4) I think we have the same kid...my youngest also comes alive after his bath and is just a wild man! It takes a good 30 minutes to an hour to get him to calm down and go to sleep. I love it! Haha!

k and j said...

get a minivan...my husband refuses :( and i woud really like one!

you have the darn cutest kids i have ever seen!!!!!!!!

Maryellen said...

Your 4th of July skewers were awesome!! Love them!!!!

That was quite the load you guys took with you this weekend. I'm truly amazed! John and I went to the mountains for the weekend and all of our stuff could fit in your black bag. What a difference two kiddos makes!!

Cat said...

Love the pics. As for the minivan, do you really want to have to parallel park one of those? I'm not sure I could do it. :)

Megan Chen said...

I laughed out loud at the Ginger being Asian comment! Now that I am Asian by marriage, Duncan is developing an Asian look every time he licks a spoon. I will have to take a pic.