Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spencer right now

Spencer is 4 years 10 months old.  This was the official picture last week.  He loves Snoopy. 
I can't believe he will be 5 in two months.

These are some things I want to remember about Spencer right now.

He overheard us referring to Elliott's thunder thighs.  He doesn't have the "th" sound yet, so he goes around calling his baby brother "funder fighs"
He plays with his Thomas trains like nobody's business.  He comes up with elaborate stories and he verbally narrates all of the action.  We keep meaning to set up a video camera that he doesn't know is on so we can catch some of the things he says.  He uses all the terminology that is used in the books and cartoons.  His trains are always causing confusion and delay and Sir Toppenhat is always very cross.
He loves to wear pajamas.  He'll get up in the morning and if we're not going anywhere he'll put on clean pajamas to wear for the day.  He says that he wants to be "comfy".  He is also all about the dancing.  He loves the Fresh Beat Band and he'll dance along for the entire episode.
The more he dances the angrier and scarier his facial expressions become.
I have to remind him that dancing should be happy and fun.

He wants to hold his brother all the time.  All day long he asks for his turn.
Since we got a digital scale he weighs himself every morning.  He fluctuates between 34.2 and 35.6 pounds.  One night he got on the scale and he was actually 36 pounds, but by the next morning he was back down to 34.  He's in between the 5th and 10th Percentiles.  Just like he has always been.

He has become modest.  He does not want Elliott to see him when he's using the bathroom.  So of course we torture him and let Elliott "peak" around the corner.

We're not horrible parents because Spencer, as much as he says he doesn't want Elliott to look at him, just laughs and laughs and begs us to do it again.

He starts 90% of his sentences with, "speaking of" or "by the way".  It scares me sometimes just how much he picks up by listening to us.  Today, while he was feeding Ginger it was, "speaking of dog food, did you know that Aunt Janis ate dog food when she was a little kid"?  I don't actually have any idea what he was talking about, but I'm sure it is some story he heard months ago, probably while I was in the hospital and my mom took him to see my Aunt Janis.

He makes me laugh about 1,200 times a day. 

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Speaking of? By the way? Is he already a politician or newscaster?? That's really adorable. Growing up I always wanted only little girls but boys are just so much fun!! I wish I could talk to my teenage self and tell her that you can have immense joy and fun with a little boy.

I just love your little family. And can I just say that I love y'all even more since you sport the same attire that we do when we are home...naked baby and daddy without a shirt. I don't know Fresh Beat Band but I'm guessing I'll know all about that in a few years?

Sherry said...

Spencer sounds like an awesome and funny little man. Seriously, I still think we have twin kids. Evan has also been in the lower percentile since birth while Brody is the "funder fighs" baby...haha! Spencer sounds very bright too. I just love when they still have those little "quirks" in their speech though. Evan still says "mudder" and "brudder" sometimes if he's talking fast. I have corrected him enough that if he is being careful, he'll say it right though. They outgrow those things too fast though!

Jeannette said...

Hilarious!
I love the pics of him dancing. He definitely is a white boy, isn't he? He's just missing the white-man's-overbite, but I'm sure that will develop over time.
Seriously though, your kids are awesome. :)