Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Palule

When Spencer was 18 months old we went to Goodwill to find some chair cushions for our outdoor table.  I don't know how I remember that detail, but I do.  At that time Spencer was wearing 18-24 month clothes.  We saw a cool Hawaiian shirt on the children's clothes rack.  It was $2.  (Again, don't know how I remember that, but I am sure it is accurate.).  It was brand new- tags attached- never worn.  It was also a 4T.  You don't pass up such a deal over a little detail like size, so we bought it and stuck it in the closet.

  Fast forward almost 2 years.  Every night Spencer picks his clothes for the next day and we lay them out in his room.  He picked red pants for today.  Hmm.  What shirt?  How about this one:
Hello Hawaiian shirt.  You were worth the 22 month wait.

P.S. Palule is Hawaiian for shirt.  I am not fluent in Hawaiian.  This is according to hawaiiandictionary.com.

3 comments:

chelsea said...

Your blog is entertaining and informative at the same time! Thank you!

Megan said...

I've been on craigslist daily looking for a jogging stroller and have to avoid anything that says Girls Clothes cuz I'm afraid I'll have a whole closet full of girls clothes that are too big!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

I LOVE brilliant purchases! And that shirt is adorable, obviously well worth the wait!