Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Day

We started Christmas morning with a lot of enthusiasm.
No?  Maybe having daddy nearby will help.
No?  Surely presents will help.
Yep.  That did it.
I stood in Toys R Us for a long time and debated between a fire engine and a garbage truck.  I definitely made the right choice with the garbage truck.
After presents we headed to my Aunt Karen and Uncle Terry's house for lunch.  My uncle hosts an annual port tasting table. It's a big hit.
My dad and uncle had more brotherly competition.  I'll write a blog post soon explaining this ongoing feud.
My aunt couldn't fit everybody at the same table.  There was a little table for 2 set up on the side.  I told my dad and Nick to be involved in interesting conversation for the picture.  Instead of "interesting" they gave me "angry".
So we tried again with "lively".
Was the shirt worth it for $3.99?  He'll probably never wear it again.
After lunch we headed to Michael's parent's house for more presents and Christmas dinner.  We gave them a much needed new computer chair.

Have I ever told you about the memory books I have?  When we first got married Michael gave me a Christmas memories book.
There is a page for a picture each year.
And a page to record memories.
I also have one for our anniversary.
So, aside from needing pictures for blogging purposes, there is real pressure (from myself) to get a family Christmas picture each year to put in The Book.

This doesn't really make the cut.
Come on!  Honestly!?
So, basically I am stuck deciding between bad, worse and horrible.  Tough choice.
After dinner we headed back to my parents' house.  We walked into the laundry room to discover that a container of baking soda had been knocked over.  Christmas Day ended with some vacuuming.
Isn't this how every good holiday should end?

Even though Michael gave the Christmas book to me for our 1st married Christmas in 2002, I didn't start writing in it and making sure we took a Christmas picture until Spencer was born.  I say it is because we were a "couple" and not a "family" until we had a kid.  I don't actually believe that.  I think married people can be some of the best families.  Really it's because I was slightly less obsessive about pictures and documentation before Spencer was born.

3 comments:

chelsea said...

I'm totally giggling at the pics of your brother and father. Also? How much booze is on their tiny little table! haha!

Elisa said...

I love those pics too Chelsea!

Also, Ian was excited to be featured on the blog.

Cat said...

Cute pictures