Sunday, September 19, 2021

Catching up: July 6th to Surgery

Hey everyone!  Remember back in July when I had surgery and I planned on taking, like, a week or two off from blogging to recover? HA!

Here we are two plus months later and this is my first post.  The surgery went well and I've been fine for a long time, I just never got back into the blogging groove.  Obviously.  I wrote a schedule for myself and I really do plan to stick to it so that we can get this blog back on track.  That should happen by October 2nd if all goes as planned.

The last time I posted we had come home from Tucson on the 4th of July and then I took pictures of the kids in their flag suits on the 5th.  So, we'll start right at the next day. 

Tuesday, July 6th.  

I packed up all of the patriotic decorations.  Bye bye red, white, and blue. 

I had read a lot of information about how doing a liquid diet for a few days pre-surgery can help you to heal faster and better, so that day I went and bought all of my liquids to prepare.  I did a liquid diet for two days. 
I also bought apple juice because I was supposed to drink a carb rich beverage right before checking into the hospital. 

Cuddly Kevin on the 6th.

Cuddly Kevin and Elliott.

13 years 10 months for Spencer.
Elliott had the beginning of an eye infection and I couldn't handle that post surgery, so I took him to see the doctor on the 7th. 

Luckily it never got any worse because we started doing warm compresses immediately. 

Day one (July 7th) of the liquid diet was fine until dinner.  Then I was hungry. 

Michael is hilarious. 

This was dinner on day 2 of the liquid diet.  I was over it. 
Friday, July 9th was surgery day.  I was having phase two for my breast reconstruction. I had to be at the hospital at 6:00 am. I wore a nightgown, because what else would I wear?
Michael got to stay in the waiting room with me, but once they took me back for all the pre-op stuff I was alone until he came back to pick me up. 
The surgery was about four hours and then I was in recovery for two hours. It was a complete success.  We drove home, which I don't remember, and then I slept. 

At some point I got up and ate and then I slept again. 

OK, friends.  I think this was a successful catch-up start.  Let's do this!
 

No comments: