Sunday, September 26, 2021

Catching up: Almost the rest of August

This post will take us from Sunday, August 15th to Thursday, August 26th.  

Let's just do it! 

A cool, glittery pink Tesla I saw on the 15th. 

Michael and I celebrated the 20th anniversary of our engagement with mimosas and movies in bed.  With Kevin, of course. 

Elliott wanted to eat this cookie he got from a birthday party.  He did it on Monday the 16th.  But first he wanted his picture with it. 


His official 9 year 8 month picture. 

I did a little sunflower thing in my dining room office. 
The 16th was the two year anniversary of when I finished active cancer treatment. I wore a pink dress for the occasion. 

August 16
2019 vs 2020 vs 2021
We had a HUGE storm the night of the 16th.  Winds were gusting at 90 mph!  I documented some of the damage the morning of the 17th.  Trees were snapped and uprooted all over!








Including our own back yard!!!!  My poor tree!





Kevin on Wednesday the 18th.

More tree damage that day.

Thursday the 19th.

Sunrise on Friday the 20th.


Kevin that day.
At my DEXA (bone density) scan that day.  You can't have any metal on for it and I did a good job remembering that. 

Cuddles that night.

Sunday the 21st.

Our poor tree roots on Sunday the 22nd. 


Elliott on Monday the 23rd. 
We hired an aborist to save our tree.  He came with his crew on Tuesday the 24th.

This is before. 
This is after.
They cut about half of it off. The tree will always lean, but hopefully it won't die. 


We covered the roots with a bunch of dirt and rock, and then I put potted plants on top. 
Thursday the 26th was National Dog Day.

Kevin!

And our family picture to celebrate the day!

OK, up next: The last few days of August, birthdays, and then we power through September. 

No comments: