Monday, September 27, 2021

Catching up: California to Birthdays

On Friday, August 27th I left the state of Arizona for the first time in almost three years.  I drove to Palm Springs to stay with my friend Megan for the weekend. 

I really don't have a lot of pictures from the weekend because we didn't do much.  We had planned on a lot of talking, shopping, and eating.  That's exactly what we did, but not much of it was picture-worthy. 

We went to look at some model homes and some houses for sale on Saturday the 28th.  We thought this was kinda elaborate for a front yard fountain.  And then we saw the hawk!

Real!
We went out for a fancy dinner with Megan's friend Alicia on Saturday night.  We got all dressed up and then the restaurant had minimal air conditioning and we almost fainted. 
Sunday, August 29th

I bought Kevin this extremely overpriced dog toy. 

Sunset driving back home that day. 

Kevin enjoying my return home on Monday the 30th.

I noticed him rustling around in the corner that day.  He had hidden a treat under the fabric that covers the heavy weights.  He was retrieving it for a snack. 





I saw my radiation oncologist on Tuesday the 31st.  She was happy with everything and I go back in six months. 

I wore the green bejeweled mask I bought in Palm Springs.  Everyone loved it. 

Cuddlers that day. 

We've had some issues with mosquitos after the very wet summer we had. 
I put fresh sheets on the bed on Thursday, September 2nd. I thought they looked lovely with the flowers.
I made a run to Costco during the day and was lured into buying a front door wreath.  Kevin was totally into the box. 

It looks excellent!!!


Tired after all that box wrestling. 
On Saturday, September 4th we went to the first movie in a theater in way over a year.  I insisted on wearing N95 masks the whole time.  We also went to, like, an 11:00 showing and the theater was empty.

We went to Free Guy.  It was hilarious. 

Up next: The double birthday weekend. 

No comments: