Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Catching up: Benjamin

 My nephew, Benjamin, was born in Tampa on Valentine's Day in 2019.  I was two surgeries in to breast cancer treatment and started chemo the next day.  I figured I would meet him later that year but then breast cancer continued and then, bam, covid.  

My brother and sister-in-law decided to have Benjamin baptized in Tucson in July, so he was 2.5 before I met him on July 15th. 

Aunt Natalie and Benjamin

My sister-in-law Kendra.  
I took this picture to send to my oncologist.  They were friends during my oncologist's fellowship. 

My mom took Kevin for a long walk on the 16th and he needed to nap after. 

I went with Kendra, Ben, and Ben's soon to be godmother, Stephanie, to Saguaro National Monument that afternoon. 



On the way to dinner that night.  Elliott was being a jerk about taking pictures. 


I don't remember what was going on here. But, it's funny. 


Elliott's 9 year 7 month pictures

Not official






Official

Kevin, wiped out from the day. 
Benjamin's baptism.

There are about 15 pictures like this. 

And about 15 like this.

With the priest.......who asked two year old Benjamin what baptism meant to him. 

With the godparents.

We had a party at my parent's house after the ceremony. 


All the guys in their guyabera shirts.  Except my dad's was faux. 

I kicked him out so we could get a real, not-a-lie, picture. 

Benjamin after too much party. 


Bella after too much party. 






No comments: